Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused Why Money Showed Up Today from the VA

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I looked at my bank account online this morning and I had a surprise, I had received money from the VA. Now I had won an BVA decision back on 7/2019 and as far as I know I have already received all the retro pay for that. I had to do an HLR for an EED since the RO messed up the date. But mid-October the HLR was approved with the correct effective date and I received my first retro check. In the letter it stated they held part back while the calculated CRDP. I received that retro check about 5 -6 weeks later. Now I had calculated on what I should get and between the two retro checks it was what I had expected.

I have no idea what this money is for, I do have two claims pending (I checked and they have not been decided on yet) so I am not sure what the money is for. I checked eBenefits and it does not show up under payments. I will check again tomorrow but I am just confused what the money s for.

I really wish the VA would put correspondence in eBenefits stating what it is for, would it really be asking to mush for them to say why they are giving you money.

I am happy to get more money but also confused as to why I got it. Perhaps the VA is giving bonuses…lol

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

GB I agree. Now if I can get them to make these deposits every couple of weeks I will be a happy camper...hahaha

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

Called Peggy today and was informed that it was retro pay for a claim I won.

Just wanted to give an update.

Now if I can just keep winning the "veterans lottery"!!!!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
9 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

Now if I can just keep winning the "veterans lottery"!!!!

It reminds me of Monopoly, "Bank error in your favor. Collect $50."

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.