VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim denied with favorable private & c/p exam DBQs

Rate this question

FlyboyLeRoy

Question

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

1 minute ago, FlyboyLeRoy said:

Both private.  I don’t see why the va would give me a private examiner for cp If they don’t hold the same value as a va doc. I meet with a va doc in a few weeks. 

Forgive me, I missed that the private examiner was for the C&P ---

It looks like while they did the C&P - they perhaps didn't opine during it to say that it was related to your service (nexus)

Do you have a copy of the exam? If not it's probably going to be an FOIA request to get a copy, since it was outsourced to a private facility.

If you get a copy, and they did opine, you can fill out a disagreement based on that.

7 minutes ago, awgv001 said:

Forgive me, I missed that the private examiner was for the C&P ---

It looks like while they did the C&P - they perhaps didn't opine during it to say that it was related to your service (nexus)

Do you have a copy of the exam? If not it's probably going to be an FOIA request to get a copy, since it was outsourced to a private facility.

If you get a copy, and they did opine, you can fill out a disagreement based on that.

I have a copy. I’ll upload it once I’m home. That examiner also stated it was 50%  or more caused by my service.  Medical  opinion, dbq, and nexus were all in my favor. 

27 minutes ago, FlyboyLeRoy said:

I have a copy. I’ll upload it once I’m home. That examiner also stated it was 50%  or more caused by my service.  Medical  opinion, dbq, and nexus were all in my favor. 

2603B300-3A48-44FE-9EE3-F29D31DCA90D.jpeg

5920F142-C6E4-4439-B629-861B1E25D8F7.jpeg

DFC7B6F5-CAA1-4BF7-82A5-8DBEFDAA2EA2.jpeg

222274C8-04E5-4DCC-B597-7E9737128D52.jpeg

D16C7793-E6AD-4684-8BE9-2D74A6FD1B4D.jpeg

19957251-834C-44BD-AD85-97E43A8D5114.jpeg

B346B7CA-7374-46DC-A83C-C2CEB45912ED.jpeg

05C6E40E-A303-47A3-8B9B-18A7FD74B5F2.jpeg

BD838F77-6167-46F6-AF77-C3ABA3802F10.jpeg

2A369B31-E1D4-4C66-AF06-7092480E8395.jpeg

E2A66E66-1F55-4616-AD10-3150DEDA2F4F.jpeg

Do you have your decision letter to upload?  I would say that the statement that you are not receiving treatment is what killed your claim.  You must have a condition incurred in service, evidence the condition is chronic and a nexus.  It looks like you are missing the evidence of a chronic condition.  That is my best guess by looking at your DBQ.

5 hours ago, vetquest said:

Do you have your decision letter to upload?  I would say that the statement that you are not receiving treatment is what killed your claim.  You must have a condition incurred in service, evidence the condition is chronic and a nexus.  It looks like you are missing the evidence of a chronic condition.  That is my best guess by looking at your DBQ.

I don't have that yet; It's on the way. I have my first mental health appointment 2/25 so maybe that'll be the missing piece? EIther way I am getting my appeal ready.

6 hours ago, vetquest said:

Reflecting on this a moment, It pertains mainly to the STR's, as it said that there was a supplied statement via 21-0781, and that the statement was not corroborative...basically, they didn't find any remarks or evidence from your military records that reflected what you told them, which debased any medical opinion, nexus or otherwise.....

The strongest point I believe to focus on is covering the in service injury or event. Perhaps there is someone that witnessed the event that could back you up on it with a buddy statement???