Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplemental Claim Form Submission

Rate this question

Mr Anxiety

Question

Afternoon, fellow vets and those who have "had it."

I filed a secondary claim in May of last year for my left knee, nexus was denied due to a bad C&P. After receiving my decision, I opened another claim, adding shin splints (also left leg) and a phantom groin condition - that was in November. I waited a few weeks, and was called to another C&P - which was favorable for all three conditions (groin / left knee / shin splints), and after a few months I got my BBE. The BBE denied the groin (no diagnosis, that's fine). But denied left knee and left shin because I didn't use the appropriate form (20-0995). I enlisted the help of a VSO, and they got to me quickly, and submitted my 20-0995 supplemental claim, citing the updated DBQ as evidence, as well as an MRI I got of my left knee that proves I have some serious issues (sprained ACL, severely bruised MCL, missing cartilage below my kneecap).

The VSO submitted it on February 7th, and 827-1000 says they have it, but it has "not been uploaded to the system." What does this mean for me? How do I go about checking the status if I can't see it on VA.com or eBennies?

Thanks!

I have seen ebenefits take anywhere from a few days to a month sometimes to reflect status changes in paperwork, or to update submitted paperwork if done manually by a vso. This is over 15+ years. Its slowly gotten better, but its still not in real time unless you submit directly into Ebenefits, and even then it takes a day or 2 of server cycling to update.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Just to add, when I filed my claim through a VSO they faxed it immediately.  It took three months to update on the system.  This is not excusable but it is sometimes the way it happens.  As Broncovet stated check with your VSO and see if they will check VBMS for you.

When I fax in claims I find it takes between 3 - 4 weeks to show up in the system. I will usually call the 800 number and they tell me my claim is in the cue to be uploaded into the system.

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

Great question.  Your VSO should have VBMS access and he should be able to tell you the status.  

Of course, this is problematic, because many of us know the "secret" VSO "handshake" is knowing that VSO's dont return Veterans phone calls or emails about 80 percent of the time.  

Since it was only submitted feb. 7, you may not see it on ebenefits until "at least" a month.  But you could see it sooner.  As I explained, ebenfits is often not up to date, in accurate, or just plain wrong'.

48 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Honestly, it’s been 5 days. You’re on his clock now. Once you knew the proper form you could have filled it out yourself and submitted it. Now you’ll have to wait for him to do it.

Wow, an internet tough guy. So much for “one team, one fight” huh?

I clearly asked how I could go about checking the status. I also clearly said she (the VSO) already submitted it. 

honestly, if you had no help to provide me, you could’ve just move along. 

• HadIt.com Elder

As broncovet mention e benefits  is inaccurate   just have to wait and see give it a few weeks  it should show up

1 hour ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Honestly, it’s been 5 days. You’re on his clock now. Once you knew the proper form you could have filled it out yourself and submitted it. Now you’ll have to wait for him to do it.

Brokensoldier244th

* Honestly''*This is not a way to speak to these new veterans coming to hadit for help and advise  please be more positive. 

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!