Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplemental Claim Form Submission

Rate this question

Mr Anxiety

Question

Afternoon, fellow vets and those who have "had it."

I filed a secondary claim in May of last year for my left knee, nexus was denied due to a bad C&P. After receiving my decision, I opened another claim, adding shin splints (also left leg) and a phantom groin condition - that was in November. I waited a few weeks, and was called to another C&P - which was favorable for all three conditions (groin / left knee / shin splints), and after a few months I got my BBE. The BBE denied the groin (no diagnosis, that's fine). But denied left knee and left shin because I didn't use the appropriate form (20-0995). I enlisted the help of a VSO, and they got to me quickly, and submitted my 20-0995 supplemental claim, citing the updated DBQ as evidence, as well as an MRI I got of my left knee that proves I have some serious issues (sprained ACL, severely bruised MCL, missing cartilage below my kneecap).

The VSO submitted it on February 7th, and 827-1000 says they have it, but it has "not been uploaded to the system." What does this mean for me? How do I go about checking the status if I can't see it on VA.com or eBennies?

Thanks!

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck52 said it best...we are here to help others asking for advice. No need to put them down. It is our duty to "correct" an inaccurate or negative comment from one of our members if they so reply. 

• Founder
6 hours ago, Buck52 said:

As broncovet mention e benefits  is inaccurate   just have to wait and see give it a few weeks  it should show up

Brokensoldier244th

* Honestly''*This is not a way to speak to these new veterans coming to hadit for help and advise  please be more positive. 

agreed 

• HadIt.com Elder

I guess it all depends on whos mending the station...some VA Employees are new and don't know how to update your status  so we wait until someone does...that's not excusable but its all we got for now.

On 2/13/2020 at 8:28 AM, paulstrgn said:

When I fax in claims I find it takes between 3 - 4 weeks to show up in the system. I will usually call the 800 number and they tell me my claim is in the cue to be uploaded into the system.

Hi!

Thanks for the reply. I called the 800 number, and they told me it's in the cue - as you suggested.

When it's awaiting upload, does that mean they're also reviewing it for completion? Or does it get uploaded, THEN get reviewed for decision?

Thanks again!

Sadly nothing happens to it while it’s in the CUE. After it is in the system (not CUE) it gets put into the system to be worked. 

The hard part now is waiting for it to be worked, try and not think about it (which is not easy) for the next 60 days. The VA has gotten faster in my opinion on working claims.

Good luck!

Honestly, it’s been 5 days. You’re on his clock now. Once you knew the proper form you could have filled it out yourself and submitted it. Now you’ll have to wait for him to do it.