Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question to forum members who have a high percentage disability rating (80% or more)

Rate this topic

Hucast21

1 minute ago, Buck52 said:

something seems very wrong here you been denied for these in the last 7 years? and you submitted all your evidence Dr'reports   Law reports VA Reports   all is of Record......>the whole enchilada 

''Five suicide attempts in the past 7 years - four of which were attempted hanging and the last one was almost walking in front of a car in February.''

for the past 7 years  if you been in Appeals this long  and have recieved a DENIAL on each Appeal ? With SOC  SSOC something is not right?

you should have already filed I-9 to the BVA or CAVC.....SOMETHING JUST DON'T SEEM RIGHT?

I have not been in appeals for 7 years. When I first got admitted to the psych ward for suicidal thoughts in May 2018, that is when I decided to file my initial claim.

I had enough and I knew I was not going to get better.

• HadIt.com Elder

Remember Veterans can't have two mental health ratings  such as PTSD AND DEPRESSION  YOU EITHER GET ONE OF THE TWO..BUT YOU CAN HAVE OTHER RATINGS WITH DIFFERENT CONDITIONS.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Yea, the VA lumps all mental health disabilities under one rating.

Edited by Hucast21

• HadIt.com Elder

Does anyone have a blank copy of the DBQ (#?) or a source to get DBQ's now that the VA has removed them from their site?

• Founder
5 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Remember Veterans can't have two mental health ratings  such as PTSD AND DEPRESSION  YOU EITHER GET ONE OF THE TWO..BUT YOU CAN HAVE OTHER RATINGS WITH DIFFERENT CONDITIONS.

you may have 2 or more diagnosis and being treated for them for example PTSD and a separate diagnosis for Major Depression. You will only be rated for one diagnosis and they all pay the same.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Founder

very excited about today, my home health aide comes and she just makes my whole day easier and she even cooks me dinner. She has been a huge help and i pray the VA lets me keep her, right now i'm being reviewed every 3 months. i recently asked for a few more hours so we can do 3days a week, with this covid my niece doesn't get over to help me like she usually does. waiting for the va to make a decision.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use