VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CBO Recommends to lower comp rates /payouts

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This maybe B.S. from a stars&strips reporter?

PURE B.S.  why would anyone like the cbo want to even think about something like this??

http://www.veteranprograms.com/cbo-recommendations.html

Edited by Buck52

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@GBArmy I completely agree. Too much red tape. My post was about reductions to what is currently being received vs. the ability to obtain new SC or higher SC amounts.

Removal of the other two tools stinks. If the VA got things right the first time, they truly would not be needed. However, I don't know they will ever get to that point.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yup, I know were you were coming from. I was just looking at it from a broader angle. One thing for sure; no matter what the VA does, we have to keep on trying. As I say, You don't lose until you quit trying. W don't want to quit, and we don't want others to quit either.

I truly hope Bronco is correct, there has been opinions to reduce veterans disability for years as someone said and they have failed. The problem is that these type reports plant little mental seeds in people thoughts.  Just look at how VA has made decisions to make it harder for veterans to get service connection. There are people out there that think veterans are getting "FREE" money. It is sad to think what some people will try to come up with to try to tear someone down. I have not seen a high VA disability increase in COLA but congress has been approving their own salaries for years. Unfortunately since this report was recently sent to Buck, it is still circulating around and causing a little chaos and fear.