VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher level review

Rate this question

Joey Ross

Question

I had a higher level review, and new C&P yesterday, and went to ebenefits this morning, and disabilities and payment history, and letters unavailable this morning. Is that a good or bad thing or is the site just down

Edited by Joey Ross

They usually do maintenance over the weekends. The results of your C&P yesterday wouldn't be in the system yet anyway. 

1 minute ago, brokensoldier244th said:

They usually do maintenance over the weekends. The results of your C&P yesterday wouldn't be in the system yet anyway. 

Ok that you. How long will it be, since this is a higher level review C&P

Depending on what it was for, could be a few days, or a few months. The findings of the doctor have to be dictated and uploaded into VHA, then pulled into VBMS by whomever works on your claim, then read and evaluated to make sure they answered all the questions and provided the relevant opinions for completeness (part of what I do), then sent to a rater.

Our work is assigned by a national work queue that sends the claim to the least busy office based on overall number of claims at that station. I may work part of a claim, then add notes about what I did, then shift to someone else's claim. If I worked through each one to completion I would never get anything done, so my goal every day is to advance as many claims as I can with notation of medical records, checking status of pending exams, sending letters for evidence, and evaluating whats there. If I can get it unstuck, at least, I consider it a success. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

On 8/8/2020 at 8:42 AM, brokensoldier244th said:

Depending on what it was for, could be a few days, or a few months. The findings of the doctor have to be dictated and uploaded into VHA, then pulled into VBMS by whomever works on your claim, then read and evaluated to make sure they answered all the questions and provided the relevant opinions for completeness (part of what I do), then sent to a rater.

Our work is assigned by a national work queue that sends the claim to the least busy office based on overall number of claims at that station. I may work part of a claim, then add notes about what I did, then shift to someone else's claim. If I worked through each one to completion I would never get anything done, so my goal every day is to advance as many claims as I can with notation of medical records, checking status of pending exams, sending letters for evidence, and evaluating whats there. If I can get it unstuck, at least, I consider it a success. 

I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,

3 hours ago, Joey Ross said:

I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,

On 8/9/2020 at 1:40 PM, Joey Ross said:

I filed a increase for depression and had a completely jacked up exam by some asshead about 2 months ago. He left out tons of stuff I said (i had notes and filed complaint with VES because he lied on the exam) and even went a step further to say I shouldn't be service connected. I got reduced 50 to 30, filed a supplemental with a DBQ from a private provider, just had another CP exam, went well. Should have me at 70 if things go right (not that I have faith in the VBA). 

Edited by wood78221