Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wrong MOS listed

Rate this question

joseM1964

Question

Hello,

I got a copy of my C and P of my tinnitus exam, and the doctor listed why he thought I was service connected. Listed my MOS that I had in the Army. Ok good.

I read on and then he listed and MOS I never held and stated that since I held this MOS, I should be service connected too.

So my question is, will anyone ever notice this incorrect additional MOS listed on my exam and go back and remove my 10% they gave me?

Thank you 

Edited by joseM1964

• HadIt.com Elder

JoseM1964 The correct answer is: maybe!  What was the MOS that he put down and what was your actual MOS? If they both were rated highly probable to cause hearing problems, my guess would be they will just look the other way if you tell them. If your actual is not as probable, then you're going to have a problem. But, you should win on appeal, so why rock the boat now. Let it ride. Did you have a tinnitus claim also?

Every single mos is not listed when we create the exam request so we have to pick something as close as we can. That’s what the doctor sees. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

Thanks.

I was a 25Q MULTICHANNEL TRANSMISSION SYSTEMS OPERATOR-MAINTAINER –M  what my 214 says and what the C and P mentions,

The additional MOS listed was 91B WHEELED VEHICLE MECHANIC (FORMERLY 63B) – HP

I was connected and rated for tinnitus, not bad enough hearing for VA to rate the hearing loss. 

19 minutes ago, joseM1964 said:

Thanks.

I was a 25Q MULTICHANNEL TRANSMISSION SYSTEMS OPERATOR-MAINTAINER –M  what my 214 says and what the C and P mentions,

The additional MOS listed was 91B WHEELED VEHICLE MECHANIC (FORMERLY 63B) – HP

I was connected and rated for tinnitus, not bad enough hearing for VA to rate the hearing loss. 

91B is highly probable, 25Q is moderate.

We want the VA to correct errors they make against us & in my opinion we shouldnt let their errors in our favor stand either.  I would do the following.

Write a sworn statement letting them know that you saw on your C&P that your MOS was incorrectly listed as 91B and you were a 25Q.  I would then write out as many paragraphs as you can on what your job entailed, the loud noises that you experienced in your daily work day along with any specific incidents that you can remember and when you first noticed the ringing in your ears.  You are listed as moderate not low, so although its not as easy/slam dunk as a MOS like artillery, its still pretty much a given.

If you have the ability & money i would go to an audiologists, tell them you have ringing in your ears, recount your stories from your time in service and then get those exam notes as added evidence that an audiologist has diagnosed you with Subjective Tinnitus and notes that its likely due to incidents in your military service.

USMC- thats a great suggestion.

Accountability goes both ways. I try really hard, though, obviously I can't carry the whole organization on my own. LOL Ive caught myself a few times in the middle of screwing something up and facepalmed myself, and Ive messed up a few that, after an evenings thinking on it, I went back the next day and corrected even though it wasn't in my queue anymore (or emailed whomever had it so they could) just because it bugged me to leave it with stuff incorrect or not formatted correctly. 

Ive attached a snip of what the MOS selection screen looks like for Audio Special Language for MOS Related Hearing Loss. This is what WE see when creating exams in VBMS. Not all MOS variants are included.

Wheeled Vehicle is clear at the bottom in the W's. Not sure what happened with yours- VSR might literally have moved the mouse or used a hotkey that defaulted to the bottom of the list. No idea. 

MOS Screen.jpg

I would have to do some looking, but you were probably awarded a secondary MOS based on your specific MOS.  I am/was a 12B, Combat Engineer, and somewhere in my records from basic or AIT, it lists 11B, Infantry as a secondary.  Basically, it would not take much to convert a 12B into an 11B when sh*t hit the fan.  In other words, you could probably fill in for a wheeled vehicle mechanic when the time came.  But you were probably more specialized than that and it would not work the other way around, if you catch my drift.

If it was me, I'd leave it alone, especially if it is working to my advantage.  No sense in poking a stick into a hornets nest.

I retired a year and a half ago.  Told the VA over the phone I was unemployed, but it still said I was full-time employment.  Last year, while at he VA hospital, I asked who could change this for me and they sent me to the change lady.  After waiting a half hour for here to get off the phone, (she could see I was waiting out her window), I told her that I was unemployed, but, MyHealthyVet has me listed as full-time employed.  She told it she would take care of it and took my information.  It still shows, full-time employment.

FWIW,

Hamslice