Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New BVA Grants

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

The Board just granted left and right sinus tarsi syndrome, osteoarthritis of ankles, and bilateral pes planus.

What are the sinus tarsi syndrome rating percentages?

Waiting on the decision letter.

Edited by 63Charlie

• HadIt.com Elder

63Charlie Try diagnostic code 5284. It would be rated 30% for severe, 20 for moderate severe, and 10 for moderate

While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  

4 hours ago, broncovet said:

While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  

i didnt know this! OMG im so nervous now bc i probably won my OSA claim that should be EED from 2008. I really dont want to have to appeal again to get my EED 😢 the judge acted like this was all over finally and so did my VSO and lawyer. this is very disheartening. i can only hope the VARO will do their job correctly i guess. 

thanks for the info though so i can prepare myself and not blow up when i see it!

BroncoVet is correct; however think positive.

The information to rate the claims is probably already present in the paperwork.

Rejoice in the BVA grants and everything will work out.

Congrats..........

The diagnostic codes on the three granted appeals are 5271, 5277, and 5284.

Also, the Board remanded an appeal for scars currently rated at 10%. 

The Board denied several more conditions.

I'm hoping that the VA will award me enough rating % so I will qualify for SMC-S.

I'll probably drop my other appeals if they do. 

I just want to live my life without anymore VA at this point.