VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

COVID VACCINE FOR VETERANS?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You know, I just got to comment on this. There are a lot of people, a lot of veterans, that will not get the vaccine, or will wait. These are seemingly intelligent people. Don't think so? Ask around. Some feel that it will give them the virus if they get the shot. Completely untrue. Others think it should go to "others" first. What, all of a sudden the person knows more about how the virus works than the CDC? The more people DON'T get the vaccine, or who delay, the  more risk there is for others who can get it from them. So being tough and brave doesn't protect others that you unknowingly pass it to who maybe aren't going to handle it well. Then of course is the fact that so many people won't get the vaccine that there will be ample population for the virus to mutate and we will get another variation of the virus just that much sooner.

• HadIt.com Elder

I RECOMMEND  JUST DON'T GET OUT  STAY HOME...ONLY GET OUT IF YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO.

This was our first Christmas Without family...I recommend that we all stay in our homes with immediate family.

So Everyone Agreed....its going to be a while before this covid is over..if it ever is?

Protect yourself and you protect others.

Anywayz  Happy New Years Everyone..for what it's worth.

• 4 weeks later...

so no more news on when we get a vaccine shot? I am 64, will be 65 in a 3 months. Pancreas and liver disease, Guillen Barre, and much more. No vaccine shots, no letters,... I came here hope someone would know. I know people in other states who got there a while back. In Oregon, nada... is it me or is the gov all screwed up?

• HadIt.com Elder

Retiredat44

Each VAMC is governed not only by VA directives but also by the individual states they are in. Comparing when  a veteran got in another state is like saying your neighbor got a bigger property tax reduction on his house than you did. Apples and bananas. Do what I did. I talked to my GP; that worked. I would have next tried the Veteran Advocate office at the VAMC. Then I would have found out who manages the distribution at your location and contacted them. Or, the hospital director. Or the State Veteran Commisioner.  My bet is someone with your preexisting conditions can get a sympathetic ear if you try hard enough. IMHO. Or, you could just complain about it. Be your own advocate. And, yes, the gov't is screwed up.

• HadIt.com Elder

My VA PCP

mention to me in Instant message we will be notified by letter when the availability of the vaccine  becomes available.

The reason some VAMC are giving the covid injection is because some VAMC's is less populated with Veterans, vs the Larger VAMC's more populated.

My VAMC is Dallas Tx   which is a fairly large VAMC   They see thousands of Veterans on a daily basis.

All I know to do  is just take precautionary measures and wear my mask  keep hands washed good and try to avoid getting out as much as I can, I feel my depression is getting worse staying in the house 24x7  but getting out  we take that chance catching this damn stuff they call coronavirus

So I sit in my home doing nothing..watch a lot of TV  and the drama with politics  is getting old.

Willie Nelson is correct  this country is going to pot  eh!

• HadIt.com Elder

So true, Buck.  My VAMC is giving covid shots to old farts with other medical conditions like DMII.  Florida in general is horrible as for availability of vaccines.  I live in Tampa.  We have two VAMC's here in the Tampa Bay region.  Neither has enough parking or space to do what is necessary.