VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where in my C-file are my SSA records?

Rate this question

kanewnut

Question

I was trying to find my SSA records but so far I haven't. There are over 5,000 pages in this version. I have tried several searches, but to no avail. I have searched for the individual whose records where mixed up with mine but so far can't find those either. Since I should have at least been awarded TDIU back to the time SSA found me unable to work, based solely on service connected conditions, this is important to my claim.

There are lots of new military records. Lots of names blacked out. I guess the VA doesn't want us looking up any of them.  

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

16 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

The poster must figure out what he/she really needs to do to get their evidence/information.

I did down load the Adobe Acrobat but I wasn't able to get it to find anything. I will probably play with it some more but just don't have time right now. It sounds like it will be helpful. 

The Mac is just an Apple PC versos  most PC's being Intel. Slightly different operating system and software written for the Intel PC must be modified to run on the Mac, unless you run a program that emulates an Intel PC.

Most information is stored as 0's and 1's. Even pictures. I don't understand much about picture storage. As Broken was referring to sometimes documents are scanned but not as text, they look like text, they are listed as PDF's but you can't copy and paste parts, only the whole thing. I have run into this with my own scanning. Sometime the scanning doesn't scan it down as text. Not too good when you to cut and paste.  

I have used Apple's Preview to search and PDF Expert to search. The only SSA records that I found were a few that I sent to VA myself in the last couple of years. 

The last C-File that I got in 2016 I took to the local library and copied it from CD to thumb drive. It is the same thumb drive I currently use. The only difference this time is that Staples did the copy for me. I then copied the thumb drive file to my Mac. This is what I did with the first C-File. So now both copies of my C-File are now on my hard drive. I have had no trouble searching the first file, which leads me to believe my SSA records are not in this second file.

9 hours ago, Berta said:

If the VA is aware of SSA records ( SSDI award solely for same SC disability,)

They are well aware of them, but I am afraid when someone dropped the paper files and then mixed them up that the VA didn't have enough sense to request them again and fix the mess.

9 hours ago, Berta said:

If the VA has probative evidence ( with proof of receipt) such as SSDI records, and they ignore them ( been there with VA on that crap) they have violated 38 CFR 4.6 then you have basis for a CUE claim.

They haven't exactly ignored them. In prior decisions the VA claims that they took the SSDI and VR&E denial into consideration but that other evidence shows I am not unemployable. That is a big reason for searching this C-File.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry about the caps kanewnut , my eye-site is bad even with glasses ...I think I hit the caps button while typing ( (( no not shouting))) but does make it somewhat easier to read for me.

I'll try to make my post better  with not all Caps.  again sorry about that.

On 1/13/2021 at 9:45 PM, Buck52 said:

Sorry about the caps kanewnut , my eye-site is bad even with glasses

It is okay. I just wondered if you knew. I sometimes cringe when I see all caps, like I am literally expecting my ears to hurt. My eye sight is not too great either, even with glasses.