VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where in my C-file are my SSA records?

Rate this question

kanewnut

Question

I was trying to find my SSA records but so far I haven't. There are over 5,000 pages in this version. I have tried several searches, but to no avail. I have searched for the individual whose records where mixed up with mine but so far can't find those either. Since I should have at least been awarded TDIU back to the time SSA found me unable to work, based solely on service connected conditions, this is important to my claim.

There are lots of new military records. Lots of names blacked out. I guess the VA doesn't want us looking up any of them.  

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

Broken, just because you have not found it does not mean that it does not exist. The VA should have given the veteran a copy of his C-File on CD.  The veteran can download Free Adobe Acrobat Reader and load his CD in his computer and have the reader do a search of all the documents on that CD disc. It has nothing to do with VA internal systems. Now due to the fact that the VA has made a copy of the veteran's C-File they should also have a copy of the veteran's C-File on CD and they should be able to contact someone in the VA system to locate this information. I always try to think out of the box, and I know if a representative wants to help a veteran they can or they can choose to not help. The veteran just needs to find a proper reader and I know that the Free Adobe Acrobat Reader works great for me. I even save my VA documents on there and have no problem reviewing or changing my documents before faxing or loading them up to the VA.

You can't search for text in scanned documents with free Adobe reader. Before I worked at VA I was a programmer and a software solutions engineer for a healthcare company. You can only OCR text in a document that is a PDF, not one that was a PDF and then mass scanned into an image file. I'm not going to argue fact with you, except so that the poster doesn't go looking for something that doesn't exist right now, at least for general use. 

The poster must figure out what he/she really needs to do to get their evidence/information. Even if the poster does not have a PC where he/she could review their CD C-File with Adobe, the poster could go to a local library and use theirs or use something other then a MAC. As I posted before, my posts are to help and guide. I don't tell a veteran that it can't be done, I try to figure out how it can be done. I use adobe reader all the time and I can search my CD C-File on my computer. You do not have to respond to my post. You can give your opinion and let it drop. There is always more than one way to skin a cat and no one is all knowing, just because you can't do something, or you can't figure something out let's agree to disagree and let the poster/veteran ask more questions or figure it out. It really does not matter what your positions were if it can be done and someone has figured it out try to be positive and not negative. I am quite sure if I can do it others can do it.

As you well know the CD C-File should have all the veterans evidence and information so the key would be to use the CD C-File and not a thumb drive. The CD C-File can be searched through adobe reader and adobe reader does have a free download.

Edited by pacmanx1

• HadIt.com Elder
20 hours ago, kanewnut said:

I was trying to find my SSA records but so far I haven't. There are over 5,000 pages in this version. I have tried several searches, but to no avail. I have searched for the individual whose records where mixed up with mine but so far can't find those either. Since I should have at least been awarded TDIU back to the time SSA found me unable to work, based solely on service connected conditions, this is important to my claim.

There are lots of new military records. Lots of names blacked out. I guess the VA doesn't want us looking up any of them.  

IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER VETERANS RECORDS MIXED UP WITH YOURS  IN YOUR C-FILE   YOU NEED TO GATHER THEM UP  THIS OTHER VETERANS RECORDS AND SEND BACK TO THE VA   ASAP.  (IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE THIS?)

I HAD SOME OTHER VETERANS RECORDS SENT TO ME  AND WAS IN THE MIST OF MY RECORDS  I CALLED MY  R.O. AND THEY SAID SEND THEM ALL TO THEM ASAP...

AND YES  IF YOU CAN FIND YOUR SS RECORD WHEN YOU GOT SSDI  YEP THAT SURE WOULD HELP YOUR EED

I HOPE YOU CAN FIND THEM IF NOT YOU MAY ASK THE SSA TO SEND YOU A COPY OF YOUR AWARD LETTER 

iF THESE RECORDS ARE IN YOUR C-FILE  AND ITS ON A CD Disk   you may just have to search one at a time  for them .its hard but that maybe the only way to find them.

• HadIt.com Elder

Also  did you agree to have your SSA Records shared with the VA?  WE HAVE TO GIVE PERMISSION FOR THEM TO SHARE OUR MEDICAL RECORDS   THE ONLY THING THE VA CAN DO  IS CHECK WITH THE SSA EVERY YEAR TO SEE IF YOUR WORKING  PAYING IN TAXES   THEY DO THAT  SO IN CASE THEY FIND YOU WORKING  THEY WILL PREPOSE TO TAKE AWAY YOUR IU BENEFITS.

6 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

The poster must figure out what he/she really needs to do to get their evidence/information. Even if the poster does not have a PC where he/she could review their CD C-File with Adobe, the poster could go to a local library and use theirs or use something other then a MAC. As I posted before, my posts are to help and guide. I don't tell a veteran that it can't be done, I try to figure out how it can be done. I use adobe reader all the time and I can search my CD C-File on my computer. You do not have to respond to my post. You can give your opinion and let it drop. There is always more than one way to skin a cat and no one is all knowing, just because you can't do something, or you can't figure something out let's agree to disagree and let the poster/veteran ask more questions or figure it out. It really does not matter what your positions were if it can be done and someone has figured it out try to be positive and not negative. I am quite sure if I can do it others can do it.

As you well know the CD C-File should have all the veterans evidence and information so the key would be to use the CD C-File and not a thumb drive. The CD C-File can be searched through adobe reader and adobe reader does have a free download.

It has nothing to do with being positive or negative- it has to do with erroneous information that Adobe can find anything in a PDF. There are some things in PDFs that are not searchable no matter what program you use. Original poster is having difficulty searching PDF record. Therefore either OP needs to become more comfortable using search or hitting the right combination of words to search for, or the information isn't there, or the information is in a format that isn't searchable with Adobe or CTRL F due to how the pdf was processed. I do this all day long- I work for VA, and im well aware, daily, of what can and cannot be found with a PDF search. That's why I spend hours a day visually reading files- because I can find the info visually, then CTRL-F or Adobe search for the exact page I am looking right at and "Search" does not find it. Im assisting the veteran privately right now, so hopefully we can get it figured out. /OUT

Edited by brokensoldier244th