VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC-S1 AWARDED, 1/21/2021

Rate this topic

63Charlie

No attorney representation entitles me to 100% of retro award.

Thanks for teaching me to fight and never quit.

Now I'm waiting on my direct deposit retro for almost four years with the increase to SMC-S1  from 100%.

I have a docket # for my appeal at the CAVC, but no more money for me is involved when my attorney wins that.

• HadIt.com Elder

The S-1 housebound award is about $300 a month.  If the VA goes back 4 years that is a nice pile of money.  Did you have another disability of 60% or more? The VA adds the S-1 award to your 100% compensation.  All those award types are worth the effort since that is tax free money.  $300 tax free is about $400-$450 taxable.  If you have service connected DMII or heart disease, or blood pressure there are other conditions related to these conditions you can claim.  A lot of vets get SC'ed for a physical condition and never realize that they probably have grounds to claim a new mental/emotional  condition.  Mental conditions also mean a vet can sometimes claim related physical conditions, but nobody is going to tell you this at the VA.

John999...I'm fighting at the CAVC for  a recent BVA denial for service connection of Meniere's Syndrome.

It is a high value claim with my symptoms equivalent to a 60% rating.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use