VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

dental policy - Bay Pine - Lee County

Rate this topic

https://www.va.gov/dental/patients.asp

This site also contain the eligibility requirements:

https://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/resources/publications/IB10-442_dental_benefits_for_veterans.pdf

This site contains info on the Dental Insurance program:

https://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/vadip/

I assume that program is for veterans who do not fall into the above eligibility criteria.

CHAMPVA recipients are also covered under the main plan.

( dental records- a personal note)

Part of my extensive evidence, when I proved my husband had untreated and undiagnosed DMII from AO, was his dental records from the VA.

He had very good dental health, no problems there, but one dentist made an entry of some white patches of some sort of plaque inside his cheeks.

The VA gave him " Swish and Swallow" for that.

I proved this was oral candidiasis-one if the first manifestations of DMII.

I did not file this as an additional 1151 claim, I filed it as direct SC death, due to DMII contributing.

The DMII was not part of my FTCA case or past 1151 cases and I only filed it due to my daughter's insistence ( she is a veteran) and she was right.

Although I did all of the legal and medical work myself for my FTCA /1151cases, I had 3 IMOs to support this claim.

My long point is this- when you file a claim, do not overlook anything in your medical records.

Another point of evidence I had was my husband's driver's license- 20/20 vision without glasses ( Expert Marksman Badge Vietnan) in 1987- he bagged the first deer in the county that year.

By 1988 I drove out 7 deer, from our woodlots and he didnt even take a shot. He had a new Mossberg with a scope but his vision had diminished suddenly and VA gave him glasses but never considered why the sudden loss of the 20/20.

I proved it was one more indication of his DMII.

Of course there was far more probative evidence then that- but I learned the VA will aggressively fight widow's claims, if they think they can get away with it.

ANYONE out there who has had problems with the VA Dental Program, you have until November 2nd ,to comment on this regulation that Tbird posted:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/09/03/2021-19058/agency-information-collection-activity-survey-of-healthcare-experiences-of-patients-dental-patient

1 hour ago, Berta said:

https://www.va.gov/dental/patients.asp

This site also contain the eligibility requirements:

https://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/resources/publications/IB10-442_dental_benefits_for_veterans.pdf

This site contains info on the Dental Insurance program:

https://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/vadip/

I assume that program is for veterans who do not fall into the above eligibility criteria.

CHAMPVA recipients are also covered under the main plan.

( dental records- a personal note)

Part of my extensive evidence, when I proved my husband had untreated and undiagnosed DMII from AO, was his dental records from the VA.

He had very good dental health, no problems there, but one dentist made an entry of some white patches of some sort of plaque inside his cheeks.

The VA gave him " Swish and Swallow" for that.

I proved this was oral candidiasis-one if the first manifestations of DMII.

I did not file this as an additional 1151 claim, I filed it as direct SC death, due to DMII contributing.

The DMII was not part of my FTCA case or past 1151 cases and I only filed it due to my daughter's insistence ( she is a veteran) and she was right.

Although I did all of the legal and medical work myself for my FTCA /1151cases, I had 3 IMOs to support this claim.

My long point is this- when you file a claim, do not overlook anything in your medical records.

Another point of evidence I had was my husband's driver's license- 20/20 vision without glasses ( Expert Marksman Badge Vietnan) in 1987- he bagged the first deer in the county that year.

By 1988 I drove out 7 deer, from our woodlots and he didnt even take a shot. He had a new Mossberg with a scope but his vision had diminished suddenly and VA gave him glasses but never considered why the sudden loss of the 20/20.

I proved it was one more indication of his DMII.

Of course there was far more probative evidence then that- but I learned the VA will aggressively fight widow's claims, if they think they can get away with it.

ANYONE out there who has had problems with the VA Dental Program, you have until November 2nd ,to comment on this regulation that Tbird posted:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/09/03/2021-19058/agency-information-collection-activity-survey-of-healthcare-experiences-of-patients-dental-patient

thank you. 

for anyone reading: here are the Dental Handbook and related directive, 2 links/2 books. nevermind the word “Homeless” in the link. 

https://www.va.gov/HOMELESS/docs/dental/DentalHandbook1130Amended20200320.pdf

ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=8726

Edited by max87

On 2/2/2021 at 8:06 PM, broncovet said:

This is the first time a VA employee has ever lied to a Veteran..oh maybe not.  Many of them tell Vets anything to get them off the phone.  The VA has "trust Issues" with Veterans for some very good reasons.  ....they earned it. 

What a terrible thing to say. That the VA has earned distrusting veterans. Not sure what that has to do with my thread. I wish you’d carry that somewhere else.

On 2/2/2021 at 8:06 PM, broncovet said:

This is the first time a VA employee has ever lied to a Veteran..oh maybe not.  Many of them tell Vets anything to get them off the phone.  The VA has "trust Issues" with Veterans for some very good reasons.  ....they earned it. 

Do you work for the VA?

a moderator who believes that the VA should distrust its veterans… what a terrible thing to say. 

Edited by max87

3 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

I think and I maybe wrong but a veteran must be rated P & T. If the veteran is rated 100% or TDIU, some VAMC Dental Clinics are refusing to service them or treat them because they have not been rated P & T. Yes, if a veteran is rated 100% P & T or TDIU P & T then the VAMC clinic would treat them but they must have that P & T rating first.

I have one or more service-connected disabilities rated 100% disabling.

You’re in: Class IV

You may qualify for: Any needed dental care*

*Please note: If you’re being paid at the 100% disabling rate based on a temporary rating (for a reason such as a long stay in the hospital or rehab care), that doesn’t qualify you for this benefit.

I’m unemployable (unable to work), and I get disability compensation at the 100% disabling rate due to service-connected conditions.

You’re in: Class IV

You may qualify for: Any needed dental care*

*Please note: If you’re being paid at the 100% disabling rate based on a temporary rating (for a reason such as a long stay in the hospital or rehab care), that doesn’t qualify you for this benefit.

I know this is word play but when veterans are rated 100% or TDIU without P & T these are not temporary ratings, the are neither permanent ratings. These ratings may have a future re-evaluation date that some VAMC clinic determine are temporary but that is totally different than being in a convalescent or rehab care.

VA Dental Care | Veterans Affairs

Now for the treatment, the VA hospital will do what is the most convenient and cheapest for them. 

that’s right. that’s  me. You’re not gonna see all my stuff in my user description here. I probably should’ve said in my first post when I started this thread but that’s who it’s for. Anything else is too complicated at this point. I’m not saying anything else shouldn’t be part of it I’m just saying at this point for the sake of early discussions.

Max 87, I am a hardcore VA claimant and widow of a combat veteran.

I have personal evidence of how the VA can and will lie. Broncovet is RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! What he said should be in almost EVERY THread.But us hardcore claimants now it is true. Rhe VA will LIE!

Some of their lies were in a letter to my past Congressman and 2 State Senators.

The VA told them that SSA refused to release my husband;s SSDI records to them. It was a lie, they never requested them even though his signed authorization form was in his C file.I raised Hell and the SSDI records were sent to them.

The VA also lied to me when they began a cover up of malpractice that started at the local VAMC here in NY.

The head Cardio doctor at Syracuse told me not to tell my husband he would be in a wheelchair ( from an 1151 stroke ) for the rest of his life.I asked if my husband had been told that- he said No and it is against my medical advice to tell him- because of his PSTD and heart problems---I said "What heart problems?"

After an odd  pause he said "Nothing is wrong with his heart."*****

I called my husband immediately at the VAMC and told him I was going to push for occupational therapy and told him the Dr. said he would be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. I said that is BS because they dont know you-and he agreed. The VA, after my phone calls to their director put him into Occupational therapyimmediately-

the OT therapist called me a few days later and said he was one of the best candidates for OT he ever met- he said Rod was in excrutiating pain but complied with every thing the OT told him to do.He asked why the VA allowed his muscles to atrophy to this point and I said his other doctor in Bath NY VAMC had misdiagnosed his stroke as an inner ear infection.

The deal was,if he could walk 3 steps without falling, he could be sent back to Bath and discharged to come home.

He was discharged and crawled for 3 weeks, shimming up a hallway to practice walking.

About 2 months later the Wall came to NY and he was able to walk and stand for hours at the Wall.

The VA caused my husband's death- why? because they malpractices on him at two VAMCs.

His doctors lied to me many times about his condition.

I proved wrongful death (FTCA and Section 1151)

I think I posted the reasons for the 1151 award here before- if not I will post it again.

You obviously have had a better experience withthe VA than many here have had.

That's great, but that is not the case for so many vets we have had here since 1997.

1 hour ago, max87 said:

This is the first time a VA employee has ever lied to a Veteran..oh maybe not.  Many of them tell Vets anything to get them off the phone.  The VA has "trust Issues" with Veterans for some very good reasons.  ....they earned it

Yea this was a going a little to far. Veterans are here for help. Some have mental issues.

This isn't helping

My opinion