Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

dental policy - Bay Pine - Lee County

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I think we just have a misunderstanding here.  Bronco Vet is no fan of the VA and most old guys here are not either.  I filed my first claim in 1972.  The VA lied to me and twisted and misrepresented my words and documents so many times I did everything three times over.  50 years of lies and treating my claims like a crap shoot.  I remember seeing a dentist in the Army about my TMJ.  He said it was inoperable.  Later when I filed a claim for TMJ I found that he had not documented my visit except to say I came for a cleaning.  This was a lie that led to me losing my claim because I had no proof of being seen for TMJ.  This was just the beginning of the lies from ARMY, BCMR and VA.

8 minutes ago, john999 said:

I think we just have a misunderstanding here.  Bronco Vet is no fan of the VA and most old guys here are not either.  I filed my first claim in 1972.  The VA lied to me and twisted and misrepresented my words and documents so many times I did everything three times over.  50 years of lies and treating my claims like a crap shoot.  I remember seeing a dentist in the Army about my TMJ.  He said it was inoperable.  Later when I filed a claim for TMJ I found that he had not documented my visit except to say I came for a cleaning.  This was a lie that led to me losing my claim because I had no proof of being seen for TMJ.  This was just the beginning of the lies from ARMY, BCMR and VA.

“The VA has ‘trust Issues’ with Veterans for some very good reasons.  ....they earned it.” - Broncovet

That got to me. it’s the other way around. period. 

I have no problem with any individual, but I wrote a big post about my problems with dental and other things in the first response was that. if I was a moderator I would’ve deleted it. That is all. I didn’t mean to start a big thing. But I viewed it as bait I didn’t want to take it now I’ve taken it and look what’s happened. It’s OK everything is copacetic I’d like to hear from bronco vet why he wrote that or why he feels that the VA has good reason to distrust veterans. If he wants to answer that’s fine if not that’s fine too because that’s really not my concern I’m concerned about medical care which includes dental care and mental health care, under the rules which the VA has established. Nothing more but nothing less.

On 2/2/2021 at 7:22 PM, max87 said:

Ok. I serendipitously found out what a dental bone graft was when my outside assigned by VA dentist was denied authorization but put one in anyway. After that I begin messaging through the secure messaging system my dentist who for 30 days and over 15 messages and 15 replies (approx) Told me every which way to Sunday that “VA does not authorize bone graft.”

During the last 32 days of questioning through the messaging system about this to the same dentist, it was revealed that this was local VA policy. So I asked about how stranger possibly cruel that was, that a veteran could move to another place and get a bone graft! IF said Vet KNEW IT WAS HAPPENING!!!

then about a week ago in the early evening my phone rings and it’s the chief of dentistry at Bay Pines. After he identified himself to me and myself to him he told me “what you’ve been hearing about a no bone graphs policy, is not true” and never existed. 

So I was denied at least one. No telling how long this dentist or that whole office has been telling veterans this policy was real and how many they’ve denied.

BE AWARE.

and the fact is the “policy“ is real it’s just not written down and therefore “not a policy“ and “it doesn’t exist.“ Oh yeah it exist do I really think my dentist sent me 15 messages over a month telling me that they have such a policy that she could be so wrong after working for the VA for 15 years at the same place? No. The big chief didn’t tell me right nor did he set the situation straight. And that’s the end of that I’ve got plenty of things to sue the VA about all one big pile anyone of them are good enough by itself. When I say good enough I don’t mean for any award I mean to get in the door of a court that’s the first hurdle that’s really the only hurdle as far as I’m concerned because I don’t care what happens after that as long as I get heard and I’m able to present it and hopefully to a jury because a newspaper article just isn’t going to cut it. Neither will such a court case. I just think people should know we’re paying their taxes for this And think we’re getting all this great care.

And think we’re getting all this great care.

I had one VA clinician tell me, As she looked for something in a drawer, “well, you get it for free.”

Anyway I’m not trying to start a new thing here in my thread just defending myself a little bit I think it’s perfectly justifiable to question why someone would write something like the VA has good reason to distrust veterans. Maybe they do, let’s hear them.

7 hours ago, max87 said:

just defending myself a little bit I think it’s perfectly justifiable to question why someone would write something like the VA has good reason to distrust veterans.

Seems to me you arr misunderstanding what he wrote. I took it as sarcasm.

yes, sarcasm, maybe that’s what it is.  i’m a real straight arrow. If it is I would delete it I wouldn’t want other visitors to see that. But that’s just me. ☮️

Edited by max87

• HadIt.com Elder

Maybe what Bronco Vet meant to say was that vets have good reason to mistrust the VA.  I certainly don't trust them 100%.  The veteran's benefits administration is certainly untrustworthy.  Everything is lovey-dovey until you ask for compensation and then it is usually war.  I remember the VA claims office going over my claim for TDIU with a microscope looking for anything they could use to deny my claim.  This was back in 2002.  I did win but it took three IMO's.  I also find the VA medical to be backwards and slow to address problems I have had recently.  The VA often will not tell you about potential benefits unless you ask them directly and already know the answer.