Ask Your VA Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Great news on Stimulus check, Buck and others!

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I just got great news on my stimulus check.  Im gonna share it because it may well affect you.  Mine will be direct deposited Mar. 24.  

No, I have not gotten a tax refund for years.  But yes, my social security and va are direct deposited.  

But, its still gonna be direct deposit, not a paper check on IRS.gov "get my payment". 

This is important because many of us got a paper check and those take forever.  Mine is on its way, March 24.  

The paper checks, "not only" take forever, they are a risk of being stolen in my area, at least.  I dont like "watching for the mailman" because he can come between 8:30 AM and 6 pm or anywhere in between, and sometimes not at all some days.  GRRR.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Most of the time our mail guy comes within half an hour of the same time- most of the time. I'm glad to hear that you got squared away. Now if only our tax return from February hadn't gotten lost into the ether along with several million others.....

Luckily after many years we just closed on the house we've been renting for the last 4 (rent to own agreement with contract purchase price-VA loan. Relatively no hassle, until the VA loan part. UGH! ) in an established neighborhood about 8 blocks from my kids' high school. I can literally kick them out the front door to school in the morning. No more driving, and while even after 4 yrs we aren't conversant much with our neighbors, I do snowblow occasionally, and mow across easements between our houses, and say hi to their kids and whatnot. SO, relatively well managed neighborhood and little shenanigans. No HOA either! 

I HATED having to worry about the mail in the last two places we rented after we sold our first house about 8 yrs ago. I am a hobby musician, and I have enough stuff to have a rider on our insurance policy for rental/home. I also am an avid tester/dabbler in new stuff. New guitar multi effect unit comes out? I probably have had one, at least to play with and review later. New model Gretsch or Superstrat or whatever? Yeah, Ive probably had something representative of it. Midi gear/Keyboards? You get the idea. I like to try things, and then if they don't float my boat, I flip them on Reverb.com or locally. Im on a first name basis with the UPS store down the street, even masked. LOL. It PETRIFIES me to think about incoming mail and deliveries. More out of old habit now because our neighborhood is great, but when you have a 2600.00 Gretsch sitting on your porch according to tracking with "Gretsch" emblazoned all over the box......

WFH has been great for the last year. I can do my hobby in between breaks I take as inspiration strikes me, and I dont have to worry about my gear getting sniped off my porch. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Broncovet 

I can't get any information from IRS or anyone...so for not a word from any authorities  on the stemulus $$  sure be good when we do get it  ..need to pay some bills.

as for as the mailman or mail woman   We have both  but right now ours is male  mailman  I think LOL

We just got in our new home its not new its 23 years old  no HOA  I just got out of a HOA Neighborhood grrrrr

Anyway we have a device on our front porch  it works like the Amazon RING  but this one is not a Ring .its called something else   ''DoorPeek H.D.  I Think?

we can see who comes up on our front porch  ON OUR PHONES OR TV...but what these crooks do  they park down the street and walk up the neighborhood looking for front door packages to steal and run , we can get there picture if they come up on our porch but this don't stop them from grabbing the packages and tracking there auto tags, So  we just keep a close watch out for then delivery's  including the Mailman  most of our neighbors work  there's only a few retirees here.

We have a elderly widow lady next door and a married young couple on the other side he was Air Force but got out and works for Bell Helicopter.  they have 3 small children  one boy and two girls   all under 5 years old.  We actually just met them both recently.

it's good to get out and meet your neighbors if you can, its hard for me due to my hearing loss and my wife is badly disabled  she can't walk but just a few feet at a time , the Dr's has declared her totally disabled and needs another person to care for her  which is me right now  until we can get help from the VA on the new A&A program for 100% war veterans. 

Brokensolider I use to play the guitar  years ago and have a couple that I still try to play but there electric and need to be amplified and drives my spouse up the wall   the loud noise and  the terrible guitar picking I do LOL  

Unfortunate for me Since I lost most of my hearing  I very seldom pick up the old guitars anymore  I just keep them around incase we need the $$$ I'll sale them.  there both Fenders  my favorite is the blonde Telecaster with the blue tuners pickups,  made in 1963  its not anything special  but it has the registered serial numbers from the corona california Fender Factory , it use to have good sound but with my bad hearing I can't tell anymore  and I am tone deaf completely, I have problems hearing well enough to just tune it.

lucky for me I taught my sons how to play when they were little from just what little I do play and a few Chords  and they can play & picked it up really well they just have a natural ability to play music  my oldest son plays eric clapton style  he is good,  but just a hobby for him  and my youngest son can play  but he plays percussion (Drums)  he was in a Band  but they all stopped playing when they got married  there's only one left  and he kept the band going the Band they had from high school they our on tour in europe now., they do make records and have a recording contract  but we very rarely see them anymore  unless they come close to play a concert here close....they are good friends with my sons and myself. 

My favorite Guitar player is  James Burton...there are many other players I like but he is my favorite.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!