Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied for lack of diagnosis but wait

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

I just received a decision letter today.  I was granted one increase, 3 contentions deferred, and one denial.  The denial says I don't have a diagnosis for the claimed disability.  But, I sent the diagnosis in with the claim, in person, at my CVSO, and I watched him put in the computer.  Not sure if the rater missed the medical record, or if it was taken out, etc.  Anyway, you can see what I see.

Any thoughts, 

Hamslice

20210515_203618.jpg

20210515_203702.jpg

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

• HadIt.com Elder

You and me buck seem to be in about the same condition these days. I get 60% for an AO related heart condition.  Has the VA ever sent me to a cardiologist......hell no.  I consult with a cardiologist on my own dime.  I was doing ok until my feet started to bother me a great deal. I worked at the USPS for almost 20 years on my feet 8-10 hours a day.  Now I could not walk a couple of blocks without pain for days. Since I have a hard time exercising I have gotten fatter which hurts my feet even more. I feel that I am caught in downward spiral to an extent.  I could not walk 3 miles if my life depended on it.  Anyone under the age of 60 has probably very limited knowledge of the Vietnam War.  To them it is like WW1 to us.  I sometimes drive down the street and see construction workers on the job or people doing road work in the hot sun.  These are the same guys who would have been beating the bush in Vietnam 50 years ago.  It falls on the back of the unfortunates to fight our wars while upper class twits make money off the wars.  Ask George W. Bush.

Update,

I finally got a copy of my latest Rating letter, not sure why I haven't received the letter yet.

Anyway, they lumped the denied "paravertebral muscle spasm" into my thoracic increase, which actually helped  me more with VA math.

So, no appeal for that as it was addressed and added.

Sometimes you just win anyway,

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder

Hamslice Good for you on the increase. "Sometimes you win anyway" may be true, but I would suggest that the veteran doesn't count on it. Are you 100% P&T scheduler? Or, TDIU?

5 hours ago, GBArmy said:

Hamslice Good for you on the increase. "Sometimes you win anyway" may be true, but I would suggest that the veteran doesn't count on it. Are you 100% P&T scheduler? Or, TDIU?

Scheduler.

I had two conditions denied and they are recouping another $1900.00 from my Separation Pay which I paid back in full in 2012.  So, the fights not over by any means.  

LOL,

Hamslice