Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

creek chub

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Deedub75 You would need new evidence, so an audio exam from many years ago won't do you any good. The idea was to determine if it were worth pursuing for you. My point was that the VA now is supposed to grant a 0% rating, at the very least, if you didn't meet the minimum criteria for the lowest rating, which in hearing is 10%. So, I'm thinking if you tried now, and your hearing has gotten worse, you could re-submit. That said, I'm not sure I would do it if I were you as I see you are ratted 100%. Not much to gain from a 0%, or a 10% rating for you at present.

1 hour ago, GBArmy said:

Deedub75 You would need new evidence, so an audio exam from many years ago won't do you any good. The idea was to determine if it were worth pursuing for you. My point was that the VA now is supposed to grant a 0% rating, at the very least, if you didn't meet the minimum criteria for the lowest rating, which in hearing is 10%. So, I'm thinking if you tried now, and your hearing has gotten worse, you could re-submit. That said, I'm not sure I would do it if I were you as I see you are ratted 100%. Not much to gain from a 0%, or a 10% rating for you at present.

I’m not a 100% service connected 

2 hours ago, GBArmy said:

Basically, I passed the hearing test. There wasn’t enough hearing loss between my last active hearing test and the test they gave me for the C&P exam. I know plenty of veterans who were granted tinnitus and denied hearing loss. You’re right though I probably should have fought it but there were so many other claims I had going on and appealing and I didn’t think hearing loss was winnable. My hearing wasn’t that bad then but it is worse now. Since I’m 100% now if I could get 60% for hearing loss then that would help me. 

• HadIt.com Elder

creek chub If your wife is willing to sign off on a statement in support of the claim that it was apparent you had tinnus back when you got out, sure, that is strong evidence. She describes when she first realized based on your symptoms, how difficult it was for you and how it bothered you. Example we stopped going to group meetings at Church, or bingo Friday nights, etc. because you couldn't hear because of the buzzing in your ears. You also submit your own form talking about any particular event(s) that may have been the trigger for you tinnitus. Example: I was stationed in the engine room of the ship and one of the engines blew up; big explosion. Or, I worked on the flight line doing X when the F14's were starting up. Sometimes we didn't have time to put on our micky mouse ears. It is NEVER too late to submit a claim.