Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Hardship Requests

Rate this question

Josh

Question

Greeting fellow Hadit members,

Quick question… Can the Service Officer assigned to your claim submit a request for action on you behalf? In this case it is an 1151 and I want to request it be moved up on the list due to hardship reasons. They have said I can request this by sending a note to them but can the VA SO assigned submit this letter on my behalf since he has POA (Power of Attorney)?

Thanks

Josh

[font=Verdana]

Joseph Hertrich (Josh)

Cartagena Colombia

Boulder Colorado

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Hi Carlie... I smiled wide when I saw your reply. I thought to myself. "How nice to hear from Carlie...

Oh Carlie I remember back on what seems so long ago a gal named Carlie came to Hadit looking for information... Has life changed for you?

As usual I have been away from the board for while but I always drift back in now and then to see how "The Originals" are doing. How is an Original defined, Somebody who was a member before the forum change Back in the days when some bimbo was giving Berta such a hard time, back in the days when "T" shut down the site because there was... what was it..."Flamin" going on. ... Dates me eh.

How are things with me... Not good... I have been totally bedridden this last week. I injured the sciatic nerve going to my left leg and being that the VA nearly destroyed the right on, it leaves me in a fix... It appears that Gio may have beaten the cancer and all we need to do now is get her kidney working better. For awhile there we were not sure how that was going to go as she has required 3 surgeries since December. It was one nightmare after another..

I was thinking of the move up on the list for the following reason. My claim is an 1151 basically for failure to diagnose/treat. The damage done was extreme and left me 100% Perm and Total which is why I have a pension. Then I found out there was an error in diagnosis but with the cause of the damage . ... Bacterial infection of the CNS.. Why.. A root canal gone wild which led to sinus infections that followed the nerves sheaths to the ear and from there to the brain and from there to the spinal cord. How nice eh..

Now I have a compressed nerve to the leg that was "good" and my physical condition is spiraling out of control. I need physical therapy badly to save what is left of this body and hopefully won't bite the bullet before its all over.

Why do I want them to move the 1151 forward you ask. Because the results of their errors are that the damage the is compounding. I have actual spinal cord compression and now with the sciatic nerve compressed also, I am doomed it seems. The pain is so severe I cannot stop myself from screaming when I roll over on my side. With the 1151, I could get the Physical Therapy treatment that my body has been denied for so long. After that I could put the grab bars up, and move around like a champ once more... Hmmmm ... in my dreams I can imagine walking up and down steps again without howling... Imagine..

Good to see you Carlie. Thanks for sticking around to help the new folks here. If it didn´t hurt so bad to sit in front of the computer, I´d get more active here.

Take care of yourself Carlie...

And thanks to all the team members here who make Hadit a safe sanctuary for veterans.

Josh

Hey Josh Buddy,

Good to see you post. Here's my added .2 cents -- if you have any deliquent electric, water, mortgage or rent notices make copies to send in - eviction notice anything that shows a financial hardship.

If your doctor will write something that provides medical evidence of rapidly declining health, copy that also to send in also. Do remember ther are others in the same boat - we're all tired of waiting - and I'm not talking about vets that have been waiting 6 or 12 months, I'm talking about people waiting years.

Hell I wish the 12 month people would read a bit more, then they'd get the WHOLE picture.

Hope this helps - tell Gia hello from Florida - best to all.

carlie

Edited by Josh

[font=Verdana]

Joseph Hertrich (Josh)

Cartagena Colombia

Boulder Colorado

Josh- the medical statement to show your illness is increasing with deterioration could well support the Section 1151 claim.

These days I think every Section 1151 needs a IMO -independent medical opinion-

vets with private docs often can get these IMos for free or very low cost.

yeah if it was the bimbo saying they were related to me-

they put so much info in hyperspace about themselves that a background check I had done on them revealed they had NO KNOWN relatives-even so- a member here took advantage if this whole situation and turned on me-

he is not around here anymore-

anfd this is why I do not use email here anymore-

and only my trolls come aboard now as guests-but they are OK.

I certainly would hate to see the time you have waited for this claim to be resolved to only end up in a denial based on some VA "medical expert" with no IMOs from you.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Josh- the medical statement to show your illness is increasing with deterioration could well support the Section 1151 claim.

These days I think every Section 1151 needs a IMO -independent medical opinion-

vets with private docs often can get these IMos for free or very low cost.

yeah if it was the bimbo saying they were related to me-

they put so much info in hyperspace about themselves that a background check I had done on them revealed they had NO KNOWN relatives-even so- a member here took advantage if this whole situation and turned on me-

he is not around here anymore-

anfd this is why I do not use email here anymore-

and only my trolls come aboard now as guests-but they are OK.

I certainly would hate to see the time you have waited for this claim to be resolved to only end up in a denial based on some VA "medical expert" with no IMOs from you.

Berta,

As usual you're right.

I never , anymore, fail to have a Lawyer in my corner as soon as they are permitted

The VA has lots of Lawyers so we should use Lawyers & IMO's

Also I never fail, anymore, to have a back up IMO in case the BVA denies me & wants more evidence the if they deny that I go out & get some more.

Have found out that with U as my "MENTOR" it increases my chances very much.

Only way U lose is if U quit.

GARY

gdsnide

• HadIt.com Elder

Josh:

Sorry that you have not felt well the last week.Hang in there as I feel that you have a winner. Do you still live in Columbia?

Pete

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Thank you Pete for your support and kind words.. Yes I have a winner and they know it. They did not even read their own MRI´s when they missed a ceebral abscess. It nearly killed me and probably would have if I had not been in gymnast's shape and the fine woman who brought me here. I think I must have the world record for the longest time surviving without treatment (7 years) The longest time in a wheelchair only to return to the feet (3.5 years) and the craziest MF'er on earth to be brought to Colombia by a person I did not even know to get medical treatment... That girl is now my wife and we live happily away from the crowds on a small tropical fruit farm raising Brasilian Bloodhounds.

With a view out the back like can be seen in the photos attached, all I want for is the 1151 to complete some reasonable period before I lay my head for the last time.

post-300-1174189908_thumb.jpg

post-300-1174190156_thumb.jpg

Edited by Josh

[font=Verdana]

Joseph Hertrich (Josh)

Cartagena Colombia

Boulder Colorado

post-300-1174191795_thumb.jpgI decided to add the MRI for those of you here who want to see an active brain abscess that went unread at the Denver VA. Edited by Josh

[font=Verdana]

Joseph Hertrich (Josh)

Cartagena Colombia

Boulder Colorado