VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why can't we see our exam notes?

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

So I am just wondering why we can't see our C&P exam notes? I feel its our medical records that we have a right to see right away. I went to one back in March and they have set up another one for me this Wednesday. I asked my VSO for a copy and he said its in my c-File and i'll have to put in for it which takes over a year to get. Thats just stupid. I would like to get an idea of what was missing from my first C&P. I know I will never understand how the claims process works because every single one I've had has been different. 

C&P exams conducted by a actual VA examiner are available to you on your MyHealthyvet.gov web page if you have a premium account.  Just click on the blue button link and scroll down to your exam notes under problems list or under notes list.  Can take 10 to 14 days for the results to show up on MyHealthVet.

You will have to go to VA to set up a premium account so they can verify your identity

If like me your recent exams were conducted by LHI, QTC or VES then you will have to file a FOIA request and mail it to the VA Evidence intake center in Janesville, WI or send it to nearest VA regional office .  FOIA request take a very long time and I am still waiting on 3 of mine even though the exams were very favorable to me and I receive recently 3 disability ratings for the highest allowed.

My comment is not legal advice as I am no Lawyer, paralegal or VSO.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@RiplipBefore the VA went 100% contracted exams and the new AMA process implemented in 2019, you could literally log into blue button on the my health e vet site and read the notes. I guess the VA got wise to us who would review them, notify the VA of an error, and then the VA had to correct it before they sent the decision. Now, they put a 30 day hold on those and by the time you discover any issues with the exam, it's too late because the decision was sent and you are now in the review or appeal lanes... The focus was not on the veteran, but instead making their turnaround times look better...

• HadIt.com Elder

Made their metrics look better, but basically resulted in denial because of the error. Some veterans would just give up and therefore the VA saves some money as well as improve their metrics. No other way of looking at it.  Back in the day, we used to call this "process improvement." NOT.

I agree  at one time we were able to read the exams on myhealthvet immediately , now you have to wait 30 days. I had an ACE exam just under 30 days ago for ED, I have to wait until this Thursday to get a copy off of ebenefits. However it took well over a year to get a copy of the C/P exam for my left knee, and in one case over two years for another exam these are examinations done under contract. I have complained about this for a long time, and recently in an appeal concerning my left knee, I tore the c/p examination apart, providing factual information that disputed many things she had to say. For example I wear a  AFO  on my left foot, she ignored this fact answering a question that I did not have loss of use of any exterminity. Like really?, she even touched the AFO when she examined my knee. So I know the frustration caused by the contracted c/p exam not being available for sometimes years. And in a lot of cases, veterans lose a claim based on the exam. I have won appeals based on my coments concerning the C/P exams. 

Edited by Richard1954
as usual - spelling