Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What would you do? C/P QTC medical?

Rate this question

Richard1954

Question

I just received two letters  from QTC Medical. They never contacted me by phone to set up any appointments.  Yet they have scheduled two appointment in a local strip mall. I called them and told them I would not attend any appointments, they did not call me and if they had I would have told them I do not do appointments with VA contractors. They always screw something up, and takes a year  or more to get a copy of the exam. I told them if the va wants me to do an appointment the va needs to call me and set it up at the local VA. No more contractors for me.  Also he wanted more personal information from me, and I would not give him anything except the account number on the letter and my name. He said he had to know my date of birth and all kinds of stuff or he could not help me. I said your not getting any more personnal information. I don't know you and I don't put out information.  I am really Pis@ed abnout this garbage. Now to write the va and tell then. I don't have any idea what the exam is for and the paperwork says nothing, which is another problem with the contractors. What would youi do.

You posted:

I just came to the conclusion that I am not going outside the system for VA c/p exams. 

You can do this, as you please.  If you read the VA rules and regs, it states things similar to "the secretary(of VA) or his designee" will...........

You see, the boss man cant be everywhere, and he "designates" employees to perform tasks for him.  He can also designate contractors to do tasks.  And the VASEC has the authority to make those designations, we do not.  

Yes, you can make a decision not to attend contractor exams.  But VA can also make a decision to deny you based upon failure to attend an exam.  

Sure, you can appeal a decision.  For me, it seems better to "just go to the exam", than begin a multi year appeal process, that I may or may not prevail.  Even if I do prevail, I really dont like the idea of being in a long drawn out appeal process, thus, I mostly just do as they ask.  It makes my life simpler.  

I also do as the police ask, generally, "unless there is a compelling reason not to."  

If the police man asks me to stand there and hand over license and registration and proof of insurance, I just comply without questioning.  

I would however, not comply if the officer asked me to pick up a gun and murder my family.  I would risk going to jail for non compliance.  

But, I find for most stuff that does not matter much, I just do it.  

I have learned that from years of arguing with others.  

People tend to not like it when they ask you to do something, that is reasonable, and you dont comply.  Its reasonable, and in VA's authority to require a c and p exam, including an exam by a contractor.  

Here is ONE example explaining that the Secretary "or his designee" has authority:

§ 1.579 Amendment of records.

(a) Any individual may request amendment of any Department of Veterans Affairs record pertaining to him or her. Not later than 10 days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal public holidays) after the date or receipt of such request, the Department of Veterans Affairs will acknowledge in writing such receipt. The Department of Veterans Affairs will complete the review to amend or correct a record as soon as reasonably possible, normally within 30 days from the receipt of the request (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal public holidays) unless unusual circumstances preclude completing action within that time. The Department of Veterans Affairs will promptly either:

(1) Correct any part thereof which the individual believes is not accurate, relevant, timely or complete; or

(2) Inform the individual of the Department of Veterans Affairs refusal to amend the record in accordance with his or her request, the reason for the refusal, the procedures by which the individual may request a review of that refusal by the Secretary or designee, and the name and address of such official.

I have put in bold "or designee" and this is in many regulations, not just this one.  

Everyone's experience is different, but contractor exams have been great for me. My VAMC exams almost always ended up in wrongful denials and when de novo reviews were requested, the exams usually ended up going back to the same VAMC examiner who erroneously and incorrectly denied my claims. Some VAMC C&P departments are more notorious than others and it shouldn't be that way. It wasn't until I started seeing contractors for my exams that things were granted and I finally got to 100%. 

Ok I think what the problem is some veterans have all evidence in there record.

An VA bva will keep ordering the same exam until they get a medical opinion they want to use.

An will not say a word about the 5 6 exam they already order.

So the ? Is when a veteran ask for a decision based on there record and refuse there exam.

The VA is to make a decision on the claim by law. Not just state the veteran refuse a exam.

What about all the other evidence of record.

It call shopping a claim for a unfavorable medical opinion.

Last I am not one to believe the VA can do what ever they want.

That why there is a cavc and the federal court.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would say that if VA wants you to go to an exam then go!  If you don't you will probably be denied or delayed for years.  If a cop pulls me over and wants my documents OK.  If he wants to search my car he better have a search warrent.