VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looks like more exams for me

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

Well looks my supplemental information has made it through with my Drs. IMO. Just got the email stating that VES will be reaching out to set up an exam. Last time I had 3 exams all out of state and 1 hour to 2 hours away. 2 were to the same doctor and they had no idea why I was back. Can't wait to see how this one goes. I'm sure i'll have the White House line on speed dial again.  

I dont like the phone either.  I can hear some people ok, but many I have little or no understanding what they say. And, my phones really wont turn up the volume loud enough to hear.  I much prefer email or text.  

If its not far, just go there.  

Another update... My DAV rep got back to me faster than ever. He said the letter is very confusing but its not an appointment for me to attend. Its a letter stating the the VA has requested an opinion on the medical evidence I have submitted. Something to do with ACE. He says its a step in the right direction. Guess I can't complain about that. Hope this helps someone else if it happens to them. 

On 10/13/2022 at 12:33 PM, El Train said:

Yep.  Part of the process.  I would advise not bringing up your Dr's IMO's.  I did this and it ticked the C&P examiner off.  That bad C&P exam extended my claims another year.  Eventually it got dismissed when I filed a complaint with the VARO.  This triggered three more additional C&P's for the same condition.  Let the rater sort it out.  

I had a totally different experience; I always ask my examiners why the VA made the appointment and what was the appointment for. The VA sent me to a C & P exam for my sleep apnea and I asked the examiner those questions and she told me that the VA requested her medical opinion of, if my sleep apnea was service related. I told her that my VAMC treating Rheumatologist had written me a medical opinion connecting my sleep apnea to my severe service-connected fibromyalgia and the C & P examiner wrote that she agreed with my already favorable medical opinion and my claim was granted within 30 (thirty) days of that exam.

• HadIt.com Elder

Riplip  An ACE review means you are not required to attend, but the letter should say you should be available to respond if a question comes up. Hard to genaralize, but it can be a disadvantage as they often complete the review of your records without contacting you, so if you need the face-to-face to explain something, you are out of luck. It lacks the personal interaction. Often, a new supplemental claim will be needed to add additional evidence or to request an increase in rating.

Thanks GBArmy. I just got off the phone with a very patient woman that I asked to repeat herself multiple times over and over. You are spot on. I just need to be available on Friday. We will see what happens. I like being in person with my records making sure they have everything that they need. I feel this is a set up for denial but hopefully not. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, if it is denied get a copy of the dbq done for the ACE and address the "inadequate" evidence. No use quitting now.