VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Important Topics - Please Review This Thread.

• Founder

sf ranger p and t is not automatic with TDIU, you may be p and t, but the va doesn't give that out automatically, at least that has been my experience, others can jump in if i'm wrong on that.

I am under the assumption that if you receive 70% SC and 30% IU then you are 100% P+T......First one must be rated as IU to receive TDIU then of course the 100% is applied as 100 % P+T......

In addition, if one is rated as 100% P+T and in the breakdown for example says, "70% for PTSD and 30% IU", the vet can object and file again within a certain time limit. However, the vet can get reduced if the vet refuses the 100% P+T using the VA's original rating.

It is funny you bring this up because I wanted to do teach and I am 100% P+T. I risk too much to argue to get full 100% SC which my current injuries can or should enable me to go for it....IU simply means I can no longer work and recently I thought I could but now go back to teaching College but now realize I cannot because I now hurt more than ever and because of my original IU Claim... If I try for 100% SC it really does not make sense for me because of the myrid of benefits my family and I now receive. The bennies could be reduced. It is a gamble that if disapproved I can get a reduced rating....I cannot afford to get reduced and hopefully you see the same if are the same and that is 100% P+T.

My friend is 100% P+T SC and works for the Govt...Yeah he makes good pay but he is not even in fair physical shape...I will not want the exchange or a reduced P+T percentage because I believe I should have been given entirely 100% SC....We Vets should have been awarded the percentage without the fight and we fought so very hard for what we deserve.... I actually believe we deserve more than the average "Joe" because we have lost job opportunities due to our disabilities and have not received a fair VA raise in over 15 years. Why not???? I always contact my congressperson and all of us should do the same....

Individual Unemployability (IU) or also known as Total Disability due to Individual Unemployability (TDIU).....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I lived with my family on TI from 1984-1988 while stationed onboard USS CARL VINSON. We used to go crabbing off the piers on TI and ate all those delicious Dungeness crabs...or so I thought. Around that same time, I was seen at the ship's medical office for perianal abscesses...and I have continued to be plagued by this same problem that I was hospitalized twice at the VA Menlo Park in 2008. I didn't think nothing of it or maybe the cause of it until I read your post. Thanks for the helpful info.