VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Important Topics - Please Review This Thread.

I agree, and think the moderators have done a great job..and had to make some very difficult calls. Altho I may not always agree with each and every time the moderator called a play, I think they have helped to contribute to growing this board and helping more Veterans. If hadit becomes large enough, we could be making history to help cause the Va to make some neccessary changes that would benefit all Veterans.

I would like to see hadit become as powerfull as say, the AARP. Politicians know they can not TOUCH the AARP. AARP is a well organized, well funded, politically well connected lobbying organization that no politician DARE try to go against. If a politician recommend, say, cuts to social security payments, that politician would be trounced by the AARP and his political carreer would be Dead on Arrival.

I think we need to model the AARP's success in order to make real headway for Veterans. WE do have a large group, 25 million Veterans strong, altho the AARP numbers are probably more.

The VA works very hard at keeping Veterans groups from making progress to the level of AARP. One example of this is the VA pitting one generation of Veteran against another by giving priority claims processing to Iraq/OIF Vets, while putting Nam Vets at the bottom of the pile. Nam Vets resent this. Another way the Va keeps Veterans groups at bay is by giving the VSO's "free" office space at the Regional Offices. Most people are smart enough to know "there is no such thing as free rent". The VA asks for, and gets certain benefits for providing "free" office space to VSO's. I would much rather pay more for being a member of DAV, VFW, etc, etc, than to have my VSO do special favors for the VA in exchange for this "free rent". Many times these special favors involve looking the other way when the VA pulls its scandals. I think this one demonstrates how the VA employees and VSO's work together at the detriment of Veterans. No, I dont think this is an isolated example, rather, these individuals were merely ones that got caught.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/115706

To be a good moderator takes more than a title, it takes a passion for caring for whatever the board is about. A moderator can't please everyone, especially on a board with thousands of members. It is easy for a member to cheapshot someone, who does something they don't agree with, but it really is the job of a moderator to ensure the rules are being followed. While I may think someone should be an in-flight missile repair-person, it really doesn't need to be said and would just demean me in the process.

HadIt has excellent moderators. I am a moderator on different board with over 9,000 members, so I think that I have some experience to base my opinion on. So thank you to T-Bird and all of the moderators here!

Louis