VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Important Topics - Please Review This Thread.

It is getting harder and harder to distinguish what content is acceptable.

I can only assume this warning was brought about by recent posts about a VA document as they were closed and deleted for political comments. Could be wrong. I didn't complain either way.

However, the discussion, even with it's political ties, was a VA issue. Three national VSO's made public comments on the issue. It was directly about VA policy and procedure.

Not trying to be a smart a**, but in this case, inflammatory seemed to mean 'a subject not everyone agrees with'.

No disrespect to anyone or the decisions of the moderators. Just trying to point out that some VA issues are deemed too political and the "exception" to allow them is overridden if someone complains.

I am going to be real blunt.

If it isn't hard core related to veterans benefits and it even smells political

it will be gone.

If someone comes on and post,

Oh I think health reform will be good for veterans - it's gone.

or

Oh I think health care reform is going to be bad for veterans - it's gone.

At this point has it not been made clear, zero tolerence, regardless of who posts it.

So, if your post - anyone's post just disappears, don't start pissing and moaning

as we won't be putting out nice little PM's anymore about why your post has disappeared.

NO Hadit is NOT a democracy - Tbird is sick of it.

I'm sure there are some members here that remember this board getting shut down for awhile,

in the past - no one here want's that.

It is no longer even open for discussion as censorship.

I have those too.

I lived with my family on TI from 1984-1988 while stationed onboard USS CARL VINSON. We used to go crabbing off the piers on TI and ate all those delicious Dungeness crabs...or so I thought. Around that same time, I was seen at the ship's medical office for perianal abscesses...and I have continued to be plagued by this same problem that I was hospitalized twice at the VA Menlo Park in 2008. I didn't think nothing of it or maybe the cause of it until I read your post. Thanks for the helpful info.

I am a moderator on a site with the same prohibitions. Though not Veteran related, politics does affect us too. That being the case, it can sometimes be difficult to discern what is "politics" and what is "site related." That leaves "zero tolerance" the only truly practicable solution.

:... but I have doubts that this will be applied equally and justly."

Decisions have to be made and action taken by fallible humans. There will be differing opinions as to what may be "political" or not. In this situation, only one (set) of opinions count- the owner's and her appointees. No. It will not always be 'just or equal.'

But what is to be hurt more than our feelings if I/you are the poster? None of the information so posted will be secret or so desperately needed that any will suffer immediately for lack of it. In all probability, all will come by the info through other shared sources, VAWatchdog, Veteran service org. magazines, the "news"... I would suppose if somebody deemed some piece of information that important it just had to be posted, they could submit it to the owner or a moderator for consideration before posting?

Believe me. I have intensely strong feelings over the political scenario playing out today. But desperately needing the aid and camaraderie of this site makes keeping those opinions to myself generally manageable.

Finally, we members, as guests in this house, must accept and abide by the house rules (and we all agreed to do so when we registered) or expect to be asked to depart. The value of this site is far too great to muddle it in angry discussion over the machinations of politicians. None of 'em have our interests at heart anyway. We have to stick together.

Nuff said.

Soldier on y'all.

Jim

• HadIt.com Elder

Jayg:

I appreciate your thoughts and your support of Tbird and the Moderators and for the most part I agree. However, the real point is that Tbirds experience has shown over time that political arguments cause disruption and loss of focus on the mission of helping Veterans and their family win claims.

There have been attempts to allow politics but over time the same problem emerges with people getting mad and even some leaving or in some cases being banned.

As far as being fair an equal there is more to it than taking a scale and making a decision on the facts. As a Moderator I take into account the History of the Member and past contributions to help.

For some reason this Board has attracted from day one people who want to disrupt and cause problems.I think that I can speak for all the Moderators that we are going to try our best to be fair but if it is political sounding to us we are going to do something.

As always if the politics involves the VA or Veterans we are going to leave room for a civilized discussion.

I left the Universal Health Care and current plans for covering all Americans open as I think that is something Veterans need to discuss and learn.

If you are mad at someone or something please leave it off this Board. If you are mad cause the VA is doing or not doing something lets discuss it. Thousands of people access this Board so consider your post to be like having people at your home and use your good manners and all will be ok.

I don't know for sure but I think that Hadit has helped 100's maybe 1000's win their claim.If you disagree with someone on this Board be polite and state a case with something to back you up.

My struggle with VA changed me quite a bit and I know very well what a hard time people go through to win their claims and I have empathy.

So its really pretty simple if you want to post and its about a Republican or Democrat sob if its something that directly affects Veterans its ok we need to know. If its about the bailout or stimulus payments the only discussion on that is when do we get the checks. If its about Sen Fleabag is a communist its going to be deleted and you could end up suspended for a day or two.If that makes you mad so be it. If you leave and were not banned you will always be welcome back.I am speaking in general to the entire Board and not directly to you Jayg.

As a Moderator I think that you can appreciate how much time and effort foes on behind the scenes and I hope that all can recognize what a fantastic site Tbird has developed over the years. This is a one stop wonder for Veterans who have Hadit.

Respect Tbirds wishes all of us our guests and everything will be fine. If you want to be political AOL is free and they have hundreds of rooms to chat about politics.

Thanks to all who contribute their experience and support Veterans on this wonderful and magic place on the internet where you can ask the questions you are afraid to ask the VA and get answers.

Pete

100% Nov 1993

Social Security Sep 1991

SMC S Award Nov 2007

when i first joined hadit my hand was called on political comments ,and i kinda got resentful at first.

and after being on a while i began to understand why the rule was in place . politics is a whole world of its own and could knock out all the discussions about what tbird set this forum up for.

politics plays a role in the va administration ,and we should keep it focused on those political parts that affect the va and us as veterans.

i really would like to let some steam out on my political observations ,but i guess it being so hot a topic it is hard to find a forum that is not one sided on political issues.

i for one would like for any moderater to feel free to delete me and call my hand if i stray. this is such a good site i would croak if something balled it up as stupid as politics.

i havent been keeping up with the posts ,but when my hand was called early when i joined ,i had a choice to leave or go by the rules,and i decided to go by the rules.