VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pes Planus

Rate this question

Fat

Question

Recently discovered I was reported to suffer from flat feet on my entrance exam into the military.

Mild and asymptomatic.

Had numerous lower leg problems during service (shin, knee, hip, calf, etc).

I'm service connected for my knee.

I want to file for flat feet; however would my service connected knee help the claim?

Mont36 is your back and knees secondary service connected to your flatfleet. I have just recieved a 50% rating for acquired flat fleet and 10% rating for right knee. Want to file for hip, back, neck and ankles secondary to my flat fleet.

i took Berta's advice and used Dr. Ellis clinic, his imo went a long way. thanks

on the reverse token, i have very high arches. and i remmember having feet problem in the army, going to sick call and getting diagnosed with high arches. a few years ago, high arches were noted on a foot and ankle exam done by the va. my primary says they can contribute to my service connected back pain. any thoughts whether or not i could get service connected for my feet? thanks.

I had a chronic lower  back pain that I attributed to many jobs I had over the years, to include being a livestock farmer, totting a lot of hay,
The back pain  went away completely the very next day after I got prescribed orthotics, for diagnosed severe pronation.

The Podiatrist said my work history had caused the arches to fall.(I am a civilian so no marching etc that could cause it)

This is a bio mechanical problem,that can definitely affect the back, hips, knees and ankle.

What I dont get is this. Seniors are always prone to falls and this condition ,if untreated, can definitely  cause falls.I even told my PCP I thought I had MS, because I had started to trip and stumble years ago and she recommended the podiatrist but ruled out muscular disease first.

The orthos I get cost around 600 hundred bucks and have to be redone almost every year. and neither Medicare nor CHAMPVA will pay for them.

This seems to be unfair to any senior or CHAMPVA recipient because a serious fall due to this condition could end up having  a much higher medical cost .

I wonder how good the VA orthonics are....do they take a plaster cast of each foot  in order to make them custom to your feet?

I cant see any purpose in applying for SC for asymptomatic conditions unless there are special circumstances, such as you neglected to get your free 10,000 life insurance earlier.  (You can get 10,000 free life insurance, paid by VA, but ONLY if you apply within a year of being awarded SC, even at 0 percent)

I was also diagnosed with flat food, but during service. However no matter how many times I complained upon pain on my feet, the diagnosis was never connected with pain + flat feet. 

From my understanding you need pain PLUS flat feet to be eligible for any rating over 0% (please correct me if I am wrong). 

What is the process to prove we have pain with our flat feet?