VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

EODCMC

Question

Hi, I am a 30 year retired vet. I retired 13 years ago. I as recently diagnosed with "very severe" obstructive sleep apnea. The machine they gave me is preset on the highest output flow. My episode exceed 35 times an hour with some lasting more than 30 seconds. 

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea a couple of years prior to retirement and the study and diagnosis is documented in my record. In fact, they wanted to operate on my uvula. There lies the rub. The operation could have ended my career so I didn't persue. Additionally, while on active duty I developed severe chronic sinusitis and allergic rhinitis and this also is documented in my service health record. I have been living with this and chalking it down to getting old.

Fast forward...I recently got a machine that they say I have to wear for the remainder of my life. I just learned that Tricare Prime does not pay for it all. So, I researched online and submitted a claim the E-benefits and it has been received and was under review until today when they changed this to "gathering of evidence" Development Letter Sent.

Does anyone know what this means? What do I have to look forward to concerning the process. I watch the news. It doesn't look good, right?

thanks in advance.

• HadIt.com Elder

Andyman I hear your frustrations  I certainly understand them, but please don't give up  you have your EED so when you do win  that means more $$ for you and for more each month  to possibly make you wife happy.

Can you post your Reasons & Bases from your last denial for the S..A. & the MDD.

I am not sur why the NOVA attorneys turn you down?

what is your case built on? what evidence do you have? is this a secondary claim? or Secondary to MDD to S.A.?

You have a DX for S.A.  So we know you been Diagnosed for OSA/S.A.  Now you need to get it Service Connected...and you don't have any medical records of in service for it  correct?

What you may need to do is find a Dr that will do that for you in the private sector...How about Dr Ellis From Okla City   with the ''Ellis Clinic'' He does IMO's IME's And he works with veterans that need to have there disability service connected, I think his average cost for IMO'S and impression letters are 300..to 900...depending on how long it takes him but there's been several hadit members use him.

NOD asap and keep fighting don't give up!

Don't let the VA WIN AND HAVE THERE DAMN WAY! thats what they like.

As bad and stressful and frustrating it is  we got to stick together until we win.  & You will win my friend

why? b/c you deserve all your well earned benefits buddy.

Haven't been on much but Andy I agree with Buck don't give in and throw the towel,  with the right nexus and evidence behind you, you will prevail.  Keep at it.  Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.  Hang in there.

ArNG11,

But when is slow too slow?  Or maybe OTIS...Old Tired Intolerably Slow is the acronym of the day?

Maybe this Dr. Ellis(and friends) can see the light in my SMR and write the right nexus.

Buck,

Ellis clinic charges $500 for the first 4 and $100 for each additional...according to his website.

It's not that I want to throw in the towel, just want to let someone else hang on to it for a while.

As for why the NOVA lawyer decided my case wasn't worth her time...don't know, I couldn't open the packet that she mailed my file back in.  So I don't know if she wrote saying why she decided that.  Maybe I will look at it this weekend.

Andy

• HadIt.com Elder

Andyman

Give Dr Ellis Clinic a call and let them know your delima and maybe they can help you with a nexus cheaper than the 500.

I think some one like flores97 here on hadit used  Dr Ellis  and her letters were around 300. but I'm not sure?

...some times  reading emailweb sites is hard to understand  but as I was told Dr Ellis helps us veterans  we just need to let him know whats been going on with our claim.  so-to-speak. how Nova turned you down...btw  you need to report this attorney   b/c there not suppose to do that.