VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back pay - so happy!!!!

Rate this topic

Navy4life

YOU DID??? ( I almost fainted when I got my first award.My daughter was 3 weeks away from going to Lackland ( USAF) and she and I read that letter many times because we could not believe they finally did something right and it only took 5 years at my RO- 5 #^*@ ing years.)

Accrued 100% P & T SC for PTSD posthumous.It could have been awarded in my husband's lifetime.

DONT DIE! Dead vets have gotten mail from the VA long after their demise.With response deadlines!

After he had been dead 23 years (last year) my husband got a letter from the VA with a 30 day deadline to reply.

I IRISed them ASAP asking how the heck can he reply because there are no PCs at the VA Cemetery where he is at and he needs an extension of the 30 days until we can figure out HOW a deceased veteran could respond.

Then Fox News did a story on many other widows whose vet husbands were getting letters from the VA.

One widow was interviewed on Fox and she was Very funny!She said she was pretty sure her husband was still dead.She said she double checked his death certificate and also said she watched them put his coffin in the ground.

VA called us all to apologize.The man from my RO who called me was very nice to me ,(but he was also busy screwing up my pending claim.)

Some of the best people I know work for the local VAMC.It hurts to know I sure can't say that about my RO.

Your "handle" here describes my RO perfectly- Inarticulate and distorted! I would be in a rubber room by now if I didnt have a sense of humor.

Berta;

I was stunned when I got the call yesterday. I couldn't believe I not only got all the contentions S/C I got it back to 2013!  Happy dance in my desk chair was going on and fist pumping the air!!!  

Navy4life....it is a terrible shame that disabled vets have to fight for the debt our grateful nation owes them- actually it is a national disgrace!

I was so happy for you, to celebrate your victory  I ate 2 Very large chocolate chip  muffins.yesterday .... ok ..... maybe that was three of them..

I am a prayer warrior for my church and we pray every Tuesday and those prayers always cover all veterans and their dependents and sure includes all disabled vets waiting for a proper decision from the VA.

Some in our group are vets but have never dealt with the VA claims process yet and are shocked at the VA scandals on Fox news...and the backlog.

I sure pray for the VA too. I think the VA needs divine intervention.

Edited by Berta

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
6 hours ago, Navy4life said:

L;

Will do! Thanks!

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! (again, lol) --- Thank you for not giving up!

Keep an eye on the bank account and mailbox. One typically will arrive before the other.

Additionally, double-check everything on the award letter. It is not unusual for the VA to give you really good news when you might have actually deserved really great news.

Okay I will. Right now I'm preparing for Hurricane Matthew. I'm in Key Largo getting prepared for it!  I think it's a good thing because it's keeping me occupied and not wondering when I'll see the money and the rating on EBennies. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use