VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Government Money Not Yours Personally

Rate this question

lamontino

Question

I keep hearing about vets this and vets that. LOok at the employees that work for the system. SOme of them could care two cents about you. In fact, they figure they only making alittle money why should you be granted being set for life (so they think). SO what do they do they make it hard for you like its their money.

And they should make a law against Government employees that commit fraud on real veterans of benefits rightfully theres. Changing files around, adding little notes on the files to destroy the claim, requiring vets to go to numerous doctors exams when there is suffcient evidence there in the c file to grant an award, than if they really dont like you and the examinator connects the dot and they dont like his decision they send you for another exam etc.....They just get a slap on the arm for denying a vet many many years of benefits rightfully their.

There is a such thing as "Time Served Prejudice".What I mean is, that there people out here whom think so what if you got hurt if you didnt make it out of basic training you shouldnt get a dime. They could even be the very vets that is suppose to be helping you.

Than they want to excuse someone of trying to get over on the system when the system got over on the vet.........lol.........Its real funny tho. How a person can laugh and grin in your face and pretend to want to help you but is destroying you in the background. I remember hearing a RO say to another Rater ""I rate base on what Side of the Bed I got out on"".

I think employee, trainers, RO, etc.....whom Tampers a clearly rightfully claim for benefits should be charge with FRAUD. I might even suggest that To my congressMan

Edited by lamontino

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Here is one reason I feel a veteran is a veteran at enlistment for bennifits purposes.

I know a kid right now that is emotionally unstable but has enlisted in the marines. The marines KNOW he is unstable as he was hospitalized for attempted suicide while in the delayed entry program. He was admited to a mental health ward. The recruiter visited him while he was recieving care. They are going to put him in service.

Obviously this is a pre-existing condition. Obviously he is not fit for duty. He will fail, I promise.

Once he begins training he belongs to the DOD. Let's look at it like buying a car. The DOD needs cars (soldiers). In this case they have knowingly bought a faulty car (because new cars [soldiers] are hard to find). In my view, they bought it, they own it.

This kid has hid nothing. He has tried to opt out but they lie and tell him he must go.

When he returns in much worse shape, I will do everything I can to ensure he recieves benifits. They bought him, they can pay for repairs.

I started a thread on this kid some time ago. Some may remember it. I got some really good advice from a couple of board members. Unfurtunatley, to these friends of mine, I am a friend, but they see the recruiters as having authority. Who do you think they listen to? They listen to the recruiters that threaten jail. So the DOD bought a faulty car with their lies and will have to be accountable for it.

Time

when i first applied for disability in 2000 i was told ,,, according to your records its says in a report written by your drill sergent in 1968 that you showed signs of inmaturity in basic. and this claim could be denied based on your pre existing problem... So i said ok , i was inmature at 17 in basic but allowed to enlist and you knew i was inmature in basic then why did you not send me home? But instead at 18 years and 4 months old you sent me to Viet Nam?? was i to inmature in basic but mature enogh to be sent to viet nam, now that does not make much sence does it

Edited by robert51

what is vbn :rolleyes:

Veterans Benifit Network is a veterans help forum. It was founded and made up in large part by retired and current VA employees. While they are very knowledgable and can provide very good claims advice, the Veteran bashing and pro VA horn tooting make it very difficult for a large number of vets to get help there. The over-all theme seems to be it is the veterans fault for not doing things right if the claim was denied or quite often they will simply challenge your claim as being ligit if you express a poor view of the VA. The same treatment you can expect from the VARO because it IS the VA.

I can no longer provide a link. I hav'nt been there for some time.

Hadit does better anyway.

Time

Kent,

I'm requesting as a moderator that you quit kicking this dead horse.

You posted below,

" Have you ever been treated for or hospitalized for depression, and the person only checked themself into a clinic seeking help but left without treatment because they couldn't afford treatment, they could honestly answer no to the question thus there is no fraudulent intent involved! "

If you go and start researching VA forms and most medical forms you will find the question

is actually phrased as follows :

Have you ever sought or received treatment for XXXXX.

You continue to come here for help, which is great. But you have blatantly posted an

abundance of MH problems this person had MUCH PRIOR TO ENLISTMENT.

As you continue to beat this dead horse the best advice I can offer is for you to research some Court Cases and OPGCPRECOP's. The majority of hadit member's will continue to differ with you on this issue and to continue on with it is beginning to be disruptive to hadit's mission.

Let's move on.

carlie

I certainly don't want to be disruptive by any means up here! I have no problems with anyone up here and have actually made peace with a few since because I didn't want them to think that I am attacking them personally or their values.

But, there have been several topics started that I feel was directed toward me which includes the terms "lying" and "fraudulent"! Then again, maybe I have a mental disorder and is just paranoid! J/K

Seriously, what you ask is fair enough because you have been very helpful for me as well as everyone else up here!

I have strong opinions on some things but that doesn't make me right all the time or wrong all the time either. thanks ken

Goodmorning To all Vets

I thought that I open this thread for everyone that was afraid to tell how long their active duties was. And to assure them that even if they service one DAY in the military they are considerated a veteran.

It would seem that we have undertaken alot of views of whom or what is considerated a veteran. Understandably we all have some different views on certain issues.

BUt the botttom line is this "We are here to help onother" Period. I like to also affirm that Pete mention about the a bill that is going to be passed inreference to 180 to change to 30 days. I think that would be wonderful and GOODNEWS for all Vets.

I know for certain I have work my butt off to get benefits rightfully means. And I would agree as a whole that if a person goes in the militay with the mind set of getting over, I think there should be something done. I also agree that if a person out right lie about servicing in the military and didnt do no combat, frontline, or nothing in reference to "wartime", and trys to get levelage or awards from the government. He should be question, and scouztin.

But jsut to out right say a Vet isnt a Vet because he got hurt. That is wrong. As Vets we go through alot both wartime and peacetime to get anything. But I also thing the system as a whole needs to be overhauled.

I say that to say this, Some of VA stall the system for new Vet claimants to get benefits. Meaning, that simply refuse to pay or malinger the benefits rightfully are. Some Vets even suffer extremely after filing a claim which in turns leads to all types of issues; divorce, lossing of house, losing of self respect, suicide, and more and more..

We all know what we been through. And the Vets that are on here that are now awarded 100% know what they been through.Now is the time to help the Vets go through frontline without getting triple on the wires and redtape. Indeed we all have different cases and scerinos. BUt through it all if you read case for case, clearly, VA,BVA are denying almost for the same reason.

Theres a cancer(maybe a time served prejudice person)in the adjudication process of appeals. The advocates whom have the power need to address those issues to that cancerous cell can be cleanse. If WE get rid of THEM. I not a betting Man but I would think the system would work alot better.

Goodluck to ALL Vets in your CAee

Edited by lamontino

• Founder
I've just got a couple of things to say, then I'll disappear back from whence I came:

I'm one of those that didn't complete basic training.

I was doing just fine, no problems, kinda enjoying the physical fitness part of it.

I graduated from high school, where I was the starting center of a state championship basketball team. I was All-State champion in wrestling....and was offered a full athletic scholarship to Okla. State Univ.

Instead, I chose to join the USMC, I gave up a free college education to join. I WANTED to be a MARINE, and that's all I have to say about that.

About five weeks into basic, I was on the obstacle course, on the top of the cargo net tower, with a DI doing his shouting thing......as I started down the net, one of the recruits near the bottom fell flat of his back....and the DI is screaming at me to JUST JUMP P*SSY, JUMP!

So I did, and wound up falling on this fool as he starts to get up. All my weight, web gear and all, wound up on my left foot/ankle.

I spent 40+ years of my life with a destroyed left ankle......the USN sent me home with a broken fibula, on crutches....and it took my family physician back home to find the broken bone....but, by the time he found it, it had been broken so long that it had damaged nerves and tendons, not to mention the fractured malleousis (sp?).

Well, the Navy Doc said that it was an old injury that I had while playing football.....so it was there when I entered the Corps...and that it was not injured in the Corps so they didn't owe me nothing except my train ticket home.

I put up with the pain and the disability for 43 years. Then, for some reason, I filed a claim with the VA. And in the process, what with buddy statements and old medical records, etc., I wound up with Service Connection for the injury I had suffered in basic.

I promise, if it had not been for that injury, I would have been a good Marine. That's what I wanted to be. Instead, I've lived in shame for the last 40+ years because I didn't MAKE IT.

I never intended to be a burden, to get benefits that should have gone to someone more deserving than me, I didn't, I really didn't. I had friends that didn't make it back from Nam....and I spent all my life living with that fact.

Finally, my physical pain and my mental anquish caused me to try to reach out, to get some help.

I am sorry, I wished it had worked out differently.

I came back to the small town in Oklahoma....in shame...had one boy's mother throw coffee on me in the cafe in town. I came back to nothing, no college, no Marine Corps and a father who would have nothing to due with me.........everybody told me that I should be happy HAPPY to be back home...yeah, right.

Now, I find that there are people that still feel the same way about me, people right here on this board.

I would have been a good Marine.