VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Government Money Not Yours Personally

Rate this question

lamontino

Question

I keep hearing about vets this and vets that. LOok at the employees that work for the system. SOme of them could care two cents about you. In fact, they figure they only making alittle money why should you be granted being set for life (so they think). SO what do they do they make it hard for you like its their money.

And they should make a law against Government employees that commit fraud on real veterans of benefits rightfully theres. Changing files around, adding little notes on the files to destroy the claim, requiring vets to go to numerous doctors exams when there is suffcient evidence there in the c file to grant an award, than if they really dont like you and the examinator connects the dot and they dont like his decision they send you for another exam etc.....They just get a slap on the arm for denying a vet many many years of benefits rightfully their.

There is a such thing as "Time Served Prejudice".What I mean is, that there people out here whom think so what if you got hurt if you didnt make it out of basic training you shouldnt get a dime. They could even be the very vets that is suppose to be helping you.

Than they want to excuse someone of trying to get over on the system when the system got over on the vet.........lol.........Its real funny tho. How a person can laugh and grin in your face and pretend to want to help you but is destroying you in the background. I remember hearing a RO say to another Rater ""I rate base on what Side of the Bed I got out on"".

I think employee, trainers, RO, etc.....whom Tampers a clearly rightfully claim for benefits should be charge with FRAUD. I might even suggest that To my congressMan

Edited by lamontino

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I guess we might just agree to disagree. In closing, I would like to emphasize that my remarks involve ethical issues; the fact that cases are, "...without any medical evidence to contradict.." is immaterial.

Anyway, I appreciate having the opportunity to comment on this issue.

Cheers!

Fair enough and I appreciate your thoughts!

There is definitely nothing wrong with someone who adheres to moral ethics and dignity! I wish that the VA was as ethical when rating veterans claims! It seems to me that the money they spend fighting veteran claims with all of these bogus C&P exams and redundant appeals could be better used in approving claims with supporting evidence rather than seeking reasons to deny our claims thus keeping this system in chaos!

I am certain that the reduced workloads, reduced exams, overtime pay, and lobbying expenses could provide the funds to finance this type of reform.

Re: "I wish that the VA was as ethical when rating veterans claims! It seems to me that the money they spend fighting veteran claims with all of these bogus C&P exams and redundant appeals could be better used in approving claims with supporting evidence rather than seeking reasons to deny our claims thus keeping this system in chaos!" Kent76

I agree with you 100 percent.

Ron

• HadIt.com Elder

but just think of all the nail-filing, snack-eating, telephone-talking, break-takin twits that that would put out of work.............. :rolleyes:

I believe the one of main reason for so many deserving vets getting denials, but not all, and why so many vets get denials, is we gotta have the right forms, filled out in the proper VA time table, in the right legal manner, with the legal terminology, with no money to pay someone to do it. It is very important to submit the all proper documents to a VA triage team n a reader friendly color code or exhibit marking of some type of all the document submitted also a site map of your case on top of the evidence. Registered certified, return receipt requested. Many vets get awards without all that, but I believe it is very important and is very important in what decision is rendered. It took me 10 years to get them to acknowledge I was in Nam, even with all the documents submitted and there were many. I see now I could have did a better job of presenting it, especially after spending time on hadit.com. All the evidence was there to prove the rating, but maybe it was not laid out as good as it should have been. Not like a lawyer could have done it. JMO

Danang_1969

Kent,

I'm requesting as a moderator that you quit kicking this dead horse.

You posted below,

" Have you ever been treated for or hospitalized for depression, and the person only checked themself into a clinic seeking help but left without treatment because they couldn't afford treatment, they could honestly answer no to the question thus there is no fraudulent intent involved! "

If you go and start researching VA forms and most medical forms you will find the question

is actually phrased as follows :

Have you ever sought or received treatment for XXXXX.

You continue to come here for help, which is great. But you have blatantly posted an

abundance of MH problems this person had MUCH PRIOR TO ENLISTMENT.

As you continue to beat this dead horse the best advice I can offer is for you to research some Court Cases and OPGCPRECOP's. The majority of hadit member's will continue to differ with you on this issue and to continue on with it is beginning to be disruptive to hadit's mission.

Let's move on.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

And, in the spirit of what this board is all about, I will be happy to concede that I am not a veteran in oneshot's mind, if he will concede to just drop it.

I know what I am. I was injured while in the USMC. I did NOT intentionally injure myself. I was following orders. It was not an injury from a pre-existing conditon.

I am as much a veteran as if this very same thing had happened to me in AIT, or if it had happened after I had been there 10 years. Some guys NEVER see combat, even those who have been there 10 years...so to say a guy isn't a veteran unless he's LRRP or Force Recon, or has seen the elephant....then there are a whole heck of a lot of guys ON HADIT, that aren't vets, I guess.

Maybe I'm one of those non-vets.

Or maybe I'm a vet.

I know what I am.

Live with it, and drop it.