Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tell Us How You Have Been Treated By Varo

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am interested in what Members think of their VA. Please comment on your experience and are you glad or frustrated that your claim went to your VARO.

I will start mine went to Waco TX. Texas is so big we have 2 VARO's. Waco is slow but although it took way to long I think I was treated fairly. They did not lose paperwork my C File was complete except no Basic or AIT Medical Records.

The Chapter 35 handled by VARO in Musgogee Ok was pretty good although lots of paperwork and some appeals.

The Dallas VAMC was a mess but is getting better. If I need an operation I hope that I will get it done using Medicare HMO. The Department that does eye exams and issues glasses is terrible. The hearing Aids are good. My Primary Care Doc is good. Access to Medical Care is poor and the Pharmacy sucks.

Overall I give the VA that I deal with a C-.

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hampton VAMC B+ would be an A but it takes forever to get a fee based appt. Roanoke, Virgina RO B at the DRO level I will give them A- but it take way to long but at least the read. Now QTC DOCS for C+P exams (thats all roanoke sends me 2) D- never have any of my records so how can they review them?

Jim

Edited by Jim MAC

I don't see anybody else complaining about the VARO rewording claims. I guess that's just a Waco thing?

(that really isn't supposed to be pronounced "wacko" but it fits too perfectly. <_< )

Jayg Posted Today, 06:20 PM

I don't see anybody else complaining about the VARO rewording claims. I guess that's just a Waco thing?

(that really isn't supposed to be pronounced "wacko" but it fits too perfectly. ) ]Yes VARO here in NJ. They too like to re-diagnose what is service connected ands what is not. I have gone from a osteochondral fracture to psuedogout, to degenerative disease and so on this is I am convinced at this point there way of telling you to piss off.Or to frustrate an already horrible situation, so you will give up i call it creative writing. and I am in the process of challenging this type of prejudice or judgmental mentallity.It seems that these folks can do and say what ever they wish make the rules up as they go with no Accountability.This is bound to create more of an issue for them in the future i believe and come back to haunt them.

I am in the process of challenging this type of prejudice or judgmental mentallity.It seems that these folks can do and say what ever they wish make the rules up as they go with no Accountability.This is bound to create more of an issue for them in the future i believe and come back to haunt them.
Challenge them how? I'm interested! <_<

Well i received my decision from VARO from when i filed increase sept 2007 in there list as to what the diagnose is from C+P exam and what is and not service connected.SMR and Treatment records will clearly show they are in error of diagnose and also what is service connected and secondary conditions but be clear and specific as a journalist would or they will attempt to reword or rewrite your history. Thus you are challenging there decision if you have the correct information i can not see how they can contest it. If they do then ask for a hearing and ETC down the list or file a tort claim. The most important thing I have learned in a short time from coming to this GREAT Forum at HADIT and THANK YOU T BIRD for your insight of Helping others,is that you need to be very grammatically correct and have your CFR s in order to get what you are entitled too fromn the get go but as usual in the agencies fashion they find every little error on the claimants part to utilize it against them. I hope this helps my Brother. What i fail to understand is how these Human Beings VARO can live with themselves especially when the documentation speaks for itself? God Bless

Baltimore,Md VARO has referred 4 claims in 2007 and no one from the Baltimore,Maryland office can not tell me what going on with my claims. Please I need help help about my claims.

Edited by Maurice