Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tell Us How You Have Been Treated By Varo

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am interested in what Members think of their VA. Please comment on your experience and are you glad or frustrated that your claim went to your VARO.

I will start mine went to Waco TX. Texas is so big we have 2 VARO's. Waco is slow but although it took way to long I think I was treated fairly. They did not lose paperwork my C File was complete except no Basic or AIT Medical Records.

The Chapter 35 handled by VARO in Musgogee Ok was pretty good although lots of paperwork and some appeals.

The Dallas VAMC was a mess but is getting better. If I need an operation I hope that I will get it done using Medicare HMO. The Department that does eye exams and issues glasses is terrible. The hearing Aids are good. My Primary Care Doc is good. Access to Medical Care is poor and the Pharmacy sucks.

Overall I give the VA that I deal with a C-.

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The Louisville KY VARO started off very slow when I first filed my claim in 1994.

It took 14 years and 4 Service center managers to get my claims approved.

Once I received 70 Percent things actually progressed fairly quick.

The VAMC Lexington is one of the best in the country. I have no trouble getting appointments and the waiting times are minimal unless you go to emergency care. ( ALl day process) I have a great PCP. He really cares. The Pharmacy has not messed up my meds yet but I expect it to happen.

I give the RO a c and the VAMC an A. That rounds out to an overall B.

J

• Founder
I am interested in what Members think of their VA. Please comment on your experience and are you glad or frustrated that your claim went to your VARO.

I will start mine went to Waco TX. Texas is so big we have 2 VARO's. Waco is slow but although it took way to long I think I was treated fairly. They did not lose paperwork my C File was complete except no Basic or AIT Medical Records.

The Chapter 35 handled by VARO in Musgogee Ok was pretty good although lots of paperwork and some appeals.

The Dallas VAMC was a mess but is getting better. If I need an operation I hope that I will get it done using Medicare HMO. The Department that does eye exams and issues glasses is terrible. The hearing Aids are good. My Primary Care Doc is good. Access to Medical Care is poor and the Pharmacy sucks.

Overall I give the VA that I deal with a C-.

pete we can put a poll together on this, if interested email me

Hello all hope all is well. This is a great issue to post.i can just say that it seems every VARO i have dealt with has been less than not Adversarial from NY. NY. to NJ. to Atl GA..and back to NJ.This is why I have been rated for thirty years at 10%. But thats my fault for not educating one self. and picking bad reps. or VSO. still great post Pete. I think accross the board they are all alike DENIED.I do not wish to be Negative but the truth speaks for itself.

Like Jbasser I am under the Louisville VARO. I retired in Sep 2004, was rated 50% in Nov 2004. There was a pay snafu and they fixed that pretty quick. Went to 70% by July 2005, and 80% In august 2007. They have been responsive to IRIS inquiries, answering within a day usually, and it also seems to speed up decisions. Overall I would give them a B+

My health clinic is in Evansville, IN. I have never had a problem getting an appointment and they have done everything well. There is going to be a new clinic opening up in my town next month and I am actually worried about changing to it. Grade on the clinic is an A

I'm out of Waco Texas too. Delay, delay, delay, deny.

One one occassion I had them wait the whole 60 days to act on my file even though I mailed 3 forms, faxed 2, and wrote 2 letters begging them to move on it, that I had nothing more to add.

They have falsified my claims, rewording them into things completely different from what I claimed, for one, I claimed bilateral knees secondary to sc feet and ankles. They changed it to have me claiming one knee 'directly relating to military service' and the other knee secondary to the first. Since I didn't injure my knee in service denied. I have written them about it I don't know how many times and so far it remains uncorrected. I just yesterday got in touch with my service org (TXVC) and a fellow is supposed go see the rater and make sure it's understood.

Evidence has been 'lost' but not by a great deal. That really hasn't been a problem.

Let add something in their defense. Hurricane Katrina really loused things up. When the hurricanes clobbered LA, much if not all of their Vet load got dumped on Texas. That really changed things up.

Another thing my VSO reported is that Waco has been catching some heavy hi-level flack from a lot of complaints. They seem to be working to correct things.

Another thing. I don't know if this is normal or not. VSO says not. Doesn't sound right. But one of his vets got a call from them and they cut a deal. You know, drop your claim on X and we'll grant your Y.

I've dealt with a number of Regional Offices...

Boston - Rated me initally which lead to a CUE claim 2 years later

Medical Center- wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy

Grade F

Waco - Did a fairly decent job

Temple Med Center- Overall ok, most problems were administrative

Grade B

SC- Excellent work - Columbia va Med xenter a lot to be desired.

Grade C

GA- They get a big fat F - F becaue they could never do anything right and I am still paying for their mistakes

Augusta VA medical center usually good work, alot of administrative problems

Grade F

Houston- Not smart because instead of reading the appeals and rating properly they refer to the Georgia work and cause more appeals.

San Antonio, good doctors, but again alot of administration problems

Grade c

Chapter 35 Benefits were handled well.