Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tell Us How You Have Been Treated By Varo

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am interested in what Members think of their VA. Please comment on your experience and are you glad or frustrated that your claim went to your VARO.

I will start mine went to Waco TX. Texas is so big we have 2 VARO's. Waco is slow but although it took way to long I think I was treated fairly. They did not lose paperwork my C File was complete except no Basic or AIT Medical Records.

The Chapter 35 handled by VARO in Musgogee Ok was pretty good although lots of paperwork and some appeals.

The Dallas VAMC was a mess but is getting better. If I need an operation I hope that I will get it done using Medicare HMO. The Department that does eye exams and issues glasses is terrible. The hearing Aids are good. My Primary Care Doc is good. Access to Medical Care is poor and the Pharmacy sucks.

Overall I give the VA that I deal with a C-.

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

How did you get 210% and still be alive? Do you get A&A or SMC?

I may seem wierd but I have no complaints with the St Petersburg, Florida RO, My claims and all contact with them have alway's been done on a professional basis, never been denied or remanded on anything, I attribuate that to my years on HADIT as all my claims were well prepared and documented thanks to people like Mom Meg, Wings, Allen, Pete, Mike and Berta, I read I learned and I succeded on the very first go around on each and every claim I have ever submitted.

My PCP is at the New Port Richey Clinic and they treat me as well as I expect to be treated I would give them an A

The James Haley VAMC in Tampa is another story, long waits and severe attitude problems I give them a D

San Antonio... I'm not "savvy" about claims and such, but I can vouch that when I'm at Audie Murphy or the Frank Tejada clinic branch in San Antonio, I've never received anything less than outstanding care and direction. I've been extremely blessed with their service and assistance. Sure, just like anyone else or any facility, there are certain times I've noticed where it could be better, but overall, the doctors, and other members have always been supportive and often times, I have gotten better treatment in the VA than I've gotten in the private sector. If I could applaud them on the local front page, I would.

I deal with the Cleveland VARO. For my claim, it was smooth-sailing. My claim was processed quickly and without issue. Now, I have kids.......it's been a nightmare for their benefits. Especially since my oldest graduated HS and is now in college they keep "dropping" his medical (CHAMPVA) benefits. In fact, currently he has no coverage because they once again lost the school paperwork and he has to do it all over again. They refuse to accept copies!! They want original signatures only (but they keep losing it).

VARO in Maryland are fair with some claims than others. I had 4 claims that have be on deferred for one year and half, before getting a C and P exam. I have one more exam before they can send my claim to the VARO for compensation . Please pray for me. The VAMedical Centers in Baltimore,Md and Washington,DC give outstanding treatment. Some Doctors in the outpatient clinic act as if they was paying for your treatment.

Edited by Maurice

• HadIt.com Elder

We've been dealing with VARO Ft. Harrison, Montana on my husband's claim and everything we send them they simply mail back. Their attitude is Court of Veterans Appeals and BVA have determined the effective date and they are not going to grant an earlier effective date of his 100% rating. The problem with this logic is that in 1971 V.A.'s notification letter was mailed to the wrong address which included a zip code for San Luis Obispo not Santa Rosa where the veteran lived. BVA determined my husband abandoned his earlier claims but that wasn't the case because he wasn't notified of the 1971 denial. There's a VAOPG precedent that the effective date of a claim is the date of receipt, not the date of receipt of a reopened claim. Furthermore, the U.S. Court of Veterans Appeals in their decision stated the veteran was notified of the 1971 decision but they had no authority to consider this because BVA didn't mention the 1971 decision in their decision. In other words, the Court exceeded its authority when it determined this.