Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Psychiatric Residents

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

Once again I have been assigned a Resident MD, who I hope is studying to become a Psychiatrist. They may well be doing only a rotation in psychiatry, just to fullfill their course requirements for all I know. How are these Residents Dr.s supervised and how can you be certain they are being supervised when you never meet the supervising Psychiatrist and how can they be certain the resident is doing a proper job if these supervising Psychiatrists never sit in on any of your routine visits?

For that matter, how do you learn who the supervising Psychiatrist is, so you can check on his qualifications as well?

Rockhound Rider :P

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Ask the resident who his supervising MD is. He is supose to get his notes/opinions countersigned--by getting them countersigned the supervising MD is saying he has read his notes and agrees with them. Does he-some do some don't, they just sign the notes. AsK the resident MD how long he will be in that clinic.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim, each resident is assigned to an attending Physician.

If you have the notes from the visit, it may show you the note where the Attending read it and signed off on it. ( I have seen it on my reports.) It may not tell the title but just a name.

There is no way they can turn these residents loose and not supervise thir work.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

January 1 and July 1 the residents come for a 6 month rotation. In my opinion it is a very poor system for Veterans to get quality care although some residents are very caring.

Almost every VA Hospital is a teaching hospital and we get the same sort of care that the uninsured get at the Public Hospitals.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

You know the safest career move for these residents is to agree with your previous diagnosis and treatment. If it like a charity hospital. Vets are treated the same way poor people are treated in big cities. A few patients get better, some stay the same and some die. As long as it does not cost too much.

It's like you say John999, once you have a diagnosis from the VA, it's almost impossible to get another VA Dr. to either say differently or to actually diagnose a new one that is more likely than not the actual correct one.

Rockhound Rider :D

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

How in the world does the VA expect you to build a relationship with someone to start a path to recovery? God Almighty in away I'm glad I'm so broke I get to see the same guy here in town, an a unbiased weekly thing VA pays for it. Then I see the VA shrink for my meds for the head 4 times a year. You guys are talking about musical doctors how would you know if you were getting better or getting worse if a VA doc is just sending the same crap on down the line????

Edited by yoggie2

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."