Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Am Dead

Rate this question

kw34

Question

I have been reading for some time now and thought I would share my experience. I served in DS/DS EF/IF and was denied SC for malignant melanoma with 2 positive sentinel lymph node and left groin dissection as a of exposure to burning petroleum and jet and diesel fuels and their exhaust in july 2008. I am working on my NOD however, there wos one item in the denial letter that I wanted to share and get the boards take on it.

In the introduction it was stated that the claim was a death claim and from reading my post you reconize that I am very much alive. In my NOD I mention this and that my claim was not fully developed nor properly ajudicated because it was assumed that I was dead. I did not recieve a c&p exam so in my opinion the links between petroleum and the develoment of tumors was never explored. I look forward to your responses.

kw34

The Big Man

• Answers 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Be very cautious, you may be accused of trying to defruad the VA into thinking your alive when they know you are dead. Obvioulsy you are perpetuating a fraud by telling them you are alive and are only doing it to collect years and years of future VA compensation and free medical care you should not be entitled to since they know you are dead.

On a serious note, I would think you have a strong argument that the initial decision is flawed since they determined you were dead.

Best of luck to you sir, and thank you for serving your country at such great personal cost.

Best regards,

Tyler

• HadIt.com Elder

Send an IRIS inquiry to these morons.

Demend that the claim be reconsidered on the fact that you are not dead.

Tell them to do the recoinsideration right now.

You have to be declared dead by a physician.

Sorry you had to go through with this crap but it is another plot by the VA to extend your waiting time.

It may be just wishful thinking on the part of the VA.

Write your local news, mewspaper, and get the ignorant fools name who signed the decision out to the press.

J

Edited by jbasser

I like the newspaper and news shows like J says. maybe you can get on that cable show with that Beck guy.

Truly though it seems they did not bother to read your claim. How this got to the raters desk is totally beyond me. the iris or call the 800# is the route to go again like J said and straighten them out. Good Grief Charlie Brown they get bigger and dumber every minute!

One more thing, who is your POA. They should have intercepted this one at the RO.

J

DAV, I thought the same thing! I gathered information from CDC, National Toxicolgy Program and Int Agency for Research on Cancer among others along with MSDS's for Jet Fuel and it's cancer causing components to send with the NOD all linking not only the oil fires from the gulf but jet and diesel fumes and comustion to the develoment of many different cancers including skin. Thanks for all the comments I was laughing as well when I discovered I was dead.

kw34,

It's an election year! Write to both McCain and Obama campaigns and tell them your story. If anyone can throw a spotlight on your situation they can. Also, maybe it'll help bring veteran's issues to the forefront in the debates and national news.

Just a suggestion, but I really hope you do.

Angela