Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Am Dead

Rate this question

kw34

Question

I have been reading for some time now and thought I would share my experience. I served in DS/DS EF/IF and was denied SC for malignant melanoma with 2 positive sentinel lymph node and left groin dissection as a of exposure to burning petroleum and jet and diesel fuels and their exhaust in july 2008. I am working on my NOD however, there wos one item in the denial letter that I wanted to share and get the boards take on it.

In the introduction it was stated that the claim was a death claim and from reading my post you reconize that I am very much alive. In my NOD I mention this and that my claim was not fully developed nor properly ajudicated because it was assumed that I was dead. I did not recieve a c&p exam so in my opinion the links between petroleum and the develoment of tumors was never explored. I look forward to your responses.

kw34

The Big Man

• Answers 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello guys,

Here is the update sent in the letter asking for reconsideration on 9/12 as you all suggested. Recieved letter from RO dated 9/17 reopening my case. It was the normal form letter no explanation just as if I had submitted a new claim. I have a question I have just relocated to Indiana from NC should attempt to have it transfered to an RO here or leave as is and also I have other claims but I was waiting for this one to clear but since it appears I am back at step 1 should I submit them as well?

Thanks in advance.

kw34

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!! DO NOT MOVE YOUR CLAIM TO INDIANA!!!!! I did the same and I had to reinvent the wheel and once I had my claim finished with favorable IMO's, medical evidence they didn't even read my claim I was still screwed out right and IN VARO is in the worse top 5 for denials in the UNITED STATES. If you have been here on hadit as long as I have you would have seen some of the horror stories that come out of there. You can still be seen at the VA hospital in Indy don't move you claim out of the frying pan and into the fire...

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!! DO NOT MOVE YOUR CLAIM TO INDIANA!!!!! I did the same and I had to reinvent the wheel and once I had my claim finished with favorable IMO's, medical evidence they didn't even read my claim I was still screwed out right and IN VARO is in the worse top 5 for denials in the UNITED STATES. If you have been here on hadit as long as I have you would have seen some of the horror stories that come out of there. You can still be seen at the VA hospital in Indy don't move you claim out of the frying pan and into the fire...

No I have not done anything yet but was thinking thats why I asked I figured you guys would know I had not looked back to get any info on indy. I have to fly back to see my civilian doc's at Duke anyway.

I am not dead!

I was declared deceased last year. It is the strangest feeling to open up a letter from Minn...addressed to the family of name(you), we are sorry for the recent death of name(YOU), but our records reveal the VA amount of $ has been paid and the $ needs to reembursed to the VA as overpayment since vet was deceased. You may send $ amount to the address listed. We are sorry for the family's loss...

After many phone calls, letters, faxes, without success of proving I was indeed still alive, Finally I had my VSO directly walk a paper over and hand it directly to the VA manager of my VARO and said she is not dead...she is alive, and put her back into the system, and send her her checks...

this happened after I filed a NOD, then declared me deceased, then they proposed to sever, then took over 7 mths to get a personal hearing, then 7 months to hear........watch out they said they think that a computer person inverter 2 numbers as someone else died and they put my number in.

BE LEARY...keep close contact with your status...check on it at least monthly via phone automated service.

(DO NOT TRUST the va, and try to stay one step ahead at least with what you have so far)

I have been reading for some time now and thought I would share my experience. I served in DS/DS EF/IF and was denied SC for malignant melanoma with 2 positive sentinel lymph node and left groin dissection as a of exposure to burning petroleum and jet and diesel fuels and their exhaust in july 2008. I am working on my NOD however, there wos one item in the denial letter that I wanted to share and get the boards take on it.

In the introduction it was stated that the claim was a death claim and from reading my post you reconize that I am very much alive. In my NOD I mention this and that my claim was not fully developed nor properly ajudicated because it was assumed that I was dead. I did not recieve a c&p exam so in my opinion the links between petroleum and the develoment of tumors was never explored. I look forward to your responses.

kw34

The Big Man

Hey Guys,

Here is the latest I recieved my IMO from my surgeon today he stated that it is a slikely as not that my service contributed to my condition. This is what i think works in my favor he is the head surgeon at the Durham NC VA as well as at Duke Medical center where I am being treated. I wrote it he ditated it and put it on Duke letterhead.

kw34

Hey Guys,

Here is the latest I recieved my IMO from my surgeon today he stated that it is a slikely as not that my service contributed to my condition. This is what i think works in my favor he is the head surgeon at the Durham NC VA as well as at Duke Medical center where I am being treated. I wrote it he dictated it and put it on Duke letterhead. I have another coming from my onocoligist I guess this proves I am alive afterall.

kw34