Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Attention All Hadit Members

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Due to the present state of the VA regional offices and the ShredderGate issue. I advise each and every one of you to strongly heed Pete53's advice and request a copy of the C File.

It does not matter if your claim is decided and your on cruise control or a Newbie starting out.

Get a Copy.

John

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I agree However- the ROs are in absolute chaos over Shreddergate-

I just withdrew my med rec request-

I was thinking this morning- would it be a good idea if vets see their SOs and reps and go over what the POA file has that was submitted to the VARO?

POA files should have copies of everything the VA sent to you as well as what you sent to the VA (with copy to your rep)

This could be the only proof along with mailing receipts, that evidence was actually submitted.

I thought also this AM of how the VA from 1992 to 1994 -after my husband had sent them a SSA acknowledgement form (he got SSA for PTSD)told my two state senators and my congressman that SSA had refused to release Rods records to them.

He could have seen his 100% SC award in his lifetime- but the VA strung it out.

I called SSA Baltimore office determined to hang on the phone until I got some answers-

The SSA had never been even asked for his records by the VARO.

Of course not- he would have gotten his 100% award in his lifetime with 3 years retro.

After he died due to VA health care it took them over 3 more years to award his 100% posthumously.

I often wonder how much they really saved by killing him.

Some widows never even question a sudden death in a vet who had VA health care.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I had no idea how important the C-file was, hell I didn't even know what it was to till over a year ago. I saw it on pete53's sig on the page and I had tried for a year and had to write my congressman to get a copy after a 6 or 8 month request. That gives them time to shred away and at this point those with missing medical and psych records should be very concerned..as Jbasser said here get a copy asap and it still could take months and months to receive a copy.

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

ABOUT WHAT IS THE AVERAGE TIME AFTER YOU SEND IN

REQUEST FOR C-FILE FOR YOU TO RECIEVE A COPY? I SENT FOR MINE

A COUPLE WEEKS AGO AND HAVE BEEN E-MAILING VARO TO FIND OUT

IF THEY RECIEVED MY REQUEST. SIGNATURE WAS NOTARIZED.

I have put in numerous requests C- File and all necessary documentation refrecing this claim and or my name to include Target Birls Covers History and any other interdepartmental documents or notations and was denied by VSCM M P BLAZIS . I now have made this request to Meg Peak FOIA officer in Wash DC BVA.He said I am not entitled to this information. I Say Horse Hockey.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes to the Cfile Request! - and semi/semi-annual updates!

Also

Request copies of VA medical records, which are seperate from the C File.

Request Vocational Rehabilitation files. Copy of Service Medical Records.

Maintain current Copy of assigned VA percentage letter.

*Xray/Lab/PT records from VA contractors if possible. (had contracted physical therapy; records detailed&lengthy compared to breif VA).

Cg,up!

Due to the present state of the VA regional offices and the ShredderGate issue. I advise each and every one of you to strongly heed Pete53's advice and request a copy of the C File.

It does not matter if your claim is decided and your on cruise control or a Newbie starting out.

Get a Copy.

John

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• HadIt.com Elder

Get a Copy.

John

John,

How do you get a copy? Can you write a letter to your R. O via the

internet.

What do you ask for?

thanks,

Betty