Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Va Puts Wrong Info

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.vawatchdog.org/09/nf09/nfjan09/nf011409-6.htm

"Because the VA brass regularly refuses to speak with VA Watchdog dot Org, we turned over our information to the Associated Press.

Now, they have confirmed the story... and worse. It's not just that wrong info could have been put into records, wrong info was put into records. "

Full story at above link-

(Gee when will it all stop)

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I keep saying....Sadly, I'm not shocked by anything I hear about the sorry state of VA medical care.

When I was at the Dayton VA earlier this week...a man told me that he had been wrongly receiving double the dose of IV morphine while he was hospitalized there!!!! He had to be given Narcan to counteract the horrible effects of the morphine and now he can no longer be given Morphine.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Berta for the post, I dont always find time to get to VA Watchdog. These events are frightening. I am thankful for my paper copies of my service medical records, even though I have trouble deciphering the handwriting, chickenscratching. There is no way we can let our guard down when it comes to medical care. Brotherinlaw was hospitalized, sister didn't leave him unattended for long and was able to catch mistakes beforehand.

I will once again be getting copies of my civilian medical and va medical records in paper form. I am sure you and others here understand why paper medical records should be guarded. I even save pharmacy slips for my files, cause I sure dont keep the bottles.

Best to ya,

Cg'up2009

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

I wonder how many vets putting in for an increase have been or will be denied the increase due to information in their medical charts that has nothing whatsoever to do with them?

And just how will said vets be able to "prove" that their records are not their own?!?!? The whole VA quagmire just gets deeper and deeper.............

Purple, I suggest your vet friend contact VAwatchdog.org since they were the ones who first blew the whistle on this mess.

You know, I have always had a lot of admiration and respect for those guys but with them breaking the shredder problem and now this medical records mix up problem I think they are getting to be a force to be reckoned with. I think that there are folks on the inside who are as frustrated by everything as we are and realize that VAwatchdog.org gives a fair reporting on VA matters and will protect their anonimity so it gives honest VA employees a place to get the word out on what's really going on internally.

Keep up the good work, VAwatchdog.org and Berta, thanks for giving the hadit members a link to this great site!

Thanks,

TS Snave

• HadIt.com Elder

John, please bite your tongue! Media is a force to be reckoned with. Information is power. VA Watchdog has not stopped serving U.S. veterans and as such, has our backs, tops and bottoms in mind. Sorta like a super yard-dog with no chain.

Tss true words, we can wonder about who was wronged, see who was wronged and experience being wronged. Until I found Hadit, you'all and VaWatchdog, other vet stories on the internet - I wasn't proactive, didn't think I mattered, being a cold war vet and all. Even retired, I thought that was that and I was just wishful.

When will it stop? not till its over I hope. What war ever ends?

cg'up2009

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

I did recommend he contact VAWatchdog. He didn't seem very concerned about it as he believes the VA saved his life by performing 3 angioplaties and putting in one stent (this was done at the Cleveland VA). He said he was supposed to have a triple by-pass but the VA surgeon told him they couldn't do that because he would die on the table!!! Ummmm--comforting and scary.

When I'm at the VA I always give out the websites for both here and VAWatchdog. I think I'm going to print up cards with both websites to hand out to folks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Tell a friend

Love HadIt.com’s VA Disability Community Vets helping Vets since 1997? Tell a friend!
  • Recent Achievements

• spazbototto earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Paul Gretza earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Troy Spurlock went up a rank
      Community Regular
    • KMac1181 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • jERRYMCK earned a badge
      Week One Done
  • Our picks

• These decisions have made a big impact on how VA disability claims are handled, giving veterans more chances to get benefits and clearing up important issues.

Service Connection

Frost v. Shulkin (2017)
      This case established that for secondary service connection claims, the primary service-connected disability does not need to be service-connected or diagnosed at the time the secondary condition is incurred 1. This allows veterans to potentially receive secondary service connection for conditions that developed before their primary condition was officially service-connected. 

Saunders v. Wilkie (2018)
      The Federal Circuit ruled that pain alone, without an accompanying diagnosed condition, can constitute a disability for VA compensation purposes if it results in functional impairment 1. This overturned previous precedent that required an underlying pathology for pain to be considered a disability.

Effective Dates

Martinez v. McDonough (2023)
      This case dealt with the denial of an earlier effective date for a total disability rating based on individual unemployability (TDIU) 2. It addressed issues around the validity of appeal withdrawals and the consideration of cognitive impairment in such decisions.

Rating Issues

Continue Reading on HadIt.com
      • 0 replies
    • I met with a VSO today at my VA Hospital who was very knowledgeable and very helpful.  We decided I should submit a few new claims which we did.  He told me that he didn't need copies of my military records that showed my sick call notations related to any of the claims.  He said that the VA now has entire military medical record on file and would find the record(s) in their own file.  It seemed odd to me as my service dates back to  1981 and spans 34 years through my retirement in 2015.  It sure seemed to make more sense for me to give him copies of my military medical record pages that document the injuries as I'd already had them with me.  He didn't want my copies.  Anyone have any information on this.  Much thanks in advance.  
      • 4 replies
    • Caluza Triangle defines what is necessary for service connection
      Caluza Triangle – Caluza vs Brown defined what is necessary for service connection. See COVA– CALUZA V. BROWN–TOTAL RECALL

This has to be MEDICALLY Documented in your records:

Current Diagnosis.   (No diagnosis, no Service Connection.)

In-Service Event or Aggravation.
      Nexus (link- cause and effect- connection) or Doctor’s Statement close to: “The Veteran’s (current diagnosis) is at least as likely due to x Event in military service”
      • 0 replies
    • Do the sct codes help or hurt my disability rating 
    • VA has gotten away with (mis) interpreting their  ambigious, , vague regulations, then enforcing them willy nilly never in Veterans favor.  

They justify all this to congress by calling themselves a "pro claimant Veteran friendly organization" who grants the benefit of the doubt to Veterans.  

This is not true, 

Proof:  

About 80-90 percent of Veterans are initially denied by VA, pushing us into a massive backlog of appeals, or worse, sending impoverished Veterans "to the homeless streets" because  when they cant work, they can not keep their home.  I was one of those Veterans who they denied for a bogus reason:  "Its been too long since military service".  This is bogus because its not one of the criteria for service connection, but simply made up by VA.  And, I was a homeless Vet, albeit a short time,  mostly due to the kindness of strangers and friends. 

Hadit would not be necessary if, indeed, VA gave Veterans the benefit of the doubt, and processed our claims efficiently and paid us promptly.  The VA is broken. 

A huge percentage (nearly 100 percent) of Veterans who do get 100 percent, do so only after lengthy appeals.  I have answered questions for thousands of Veterans, and can only name ONE person who got their benefits correct on the first Regional Office decision.  All of the rest of us pretty much had lengthy frustrating appeals, mostly having to appeal multiple multiple times like I did. 

I wish I know how VA gets away with lying to congress about how "VA is a claimant friendly system, where the Veteran is given the benefit of the doubt".   Then how come so many Veterans are homeless, and how come 22 Veterans take their life each day?  Va likes to blame the Veterans, not their system.   

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use