Usps Certified Priority Mail

Rate this question

Wings

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

The AMC gave me 30 days to send additional comments and/or evidence to their Rating Decision (denial). I had written a 5 page "Rebuttal", but decided instead, that I'd sooner send a formal Notice of Disagreement (NOD). SO I changed the subjject from Rebuttal to NOD ...

At the US Post Office, I sent 2, letter sized envelopes (pre-made by the USPS).

The first copy I addressed to the AMC; the second copy to the BVA.

I paid for both: Prioroty Mail and Certified mail, which was supposed to get there in 2-3 days! It's been 8 days, and counting!

I'm really glad I decided to send the NOD, rather than the rebuttal, because the 30 day limitation was up as of yesterday!

Now the question: what are the VA Regulations on filing deadlines or statute of limitations? If I have proof of mailing within that time frame, does it count? What if the Post Office doesn't get my package there on time, but I have proof I mailed early???? ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

• Answers 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Free, Thank you! I will submit the "PS Form 2016, Mail Theft and Vandalism Complaint" on Tuesday. ~Wings

Here's where to download a copy of the "PS-2016 Mail Theft and Vandalism Complaint" http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/mailthft/2016.pdf

In looking at this Form, I am going to allege, under #3. that my mail was "stolen and/or tampering and/or rifling and/or other". My remarks for "other" will be alleging failure to deliver as promised, and allege the potential for Identity Theft. That my correspondence was going from one Federal Agency to another Federal Agency. And so on, and so forth.

I do not know who to name as a "suspect"! Free, what do you make of this Form, have you ever used it?! ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

Now the question: what are the VA Regulations on filing deadlines or statute of limitations? If I have proof of mailing within that time frame, does it count? What if the Post Office doesn't get my package there on time, but I have proof I mailed early???? ~Wings

YES, it counts. For those who have said you can breathe, BREATHE. You're good.

• HadIt.com Elder

Wings:

Be sure and call it spoliation of evidence in your complaint.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

ok here is something to think about,you sent the information by the best mail service available. now i find it hard to believe they did not receive it.

alright now it is in va employees hands. say it survives the mail room where does it go? who routes it? a va employee! just say by some miracle it makes it to

where it is supposed to be processed who is processing it ,is the person competent to process it ,or is the employee overloaded with too many responsibilities to handle it? now it was there some where ,without it was shredded ,routed to the wrong place, or casper the ghost got it.

some where between the mail room and its supposed destination it has miraculously

disappeared!who has had their hands on it va employees.

Wings,

I haven't used the downloaded form. I used the online one. I just left the suspect blank. I still haven't heard from them, except for the auto reply. I am not sure if the Postal Inspector responds to every complaint. But it does say they look for PATTERNS.

Again - Vets should start filling these out again and again - because two things are happening.

1. The VA is denying getting the evidence - and can excuse it away.

2. The Post Office is often pretty slack about DELIVERING the mail, as required, because they can blame it on the VA.

The Post Office acts like - Of course they got it - WE always DELIVER it - they just forgot to get it scanned, or they just forgot to get a signature.

We have two Government Agencies pointing the finger at each other - each blaming the other one.

But to me - In Your case right now - The buck stops at the Post Office. They shouldn't be allowed to get by with slacking on delivering it on time or proving it was delivered. That is what you paid for.

And you entrusted your personal information into the hands of the Post Office - a government agency. They should be able to find out WHERE it is.

(I have heard that when complaints are filed - the person who was last responsible for that piece of mail can get into "trouble" - no matter what excuses the Post Office gives you. - So complaints MIGHT serve to keep them on their toes.)

There is also a Form - PS Form 3533 - Application for Refund of Fees, Products

and Withdrawal of Customer Accounts.

I filled that out and took it to the Post Office and asked for my money back on the certified mail that has been missing for over a month.

They gave me a hard time - and said they only refund fees for Express Mail - as that is the only mail that is guaranteed to be tracked and delivered at a certain time.

Then they agreed that my package SHOULD have been delivered within a month (but still maintained that it probably HAD been, regardless of what their records said) - but agreed to refund the certified mail fee. I wanted a FULL refund - and finally got one.

The regs on issuing refunds:

P014 Refunds and Exchanges

Summary

P014 describes the process of postage refunds and exchanges. There are certain standards under which refunds can be made. A refund may be requested for excess postage, metered postage, and Express Mail.

2.0 Postage and Fees Refunds

2.1Refund Standards

A refund for postage and fees may be made:

a. Under the standards below if postage and special or retail service fees are paid and no service is rendered, or if the amount collected was more than the lawful rate.

2.4Full Refund

A full refund (100%) may be made when:

a. The USPS is at fault.

f. Fees are paid for special handling, certified mail, Delivery Confirmation, or Signature Confirmation and the article fails to receive the special service for which the fee is paid.

2.9Applying for Refund

[1-1-03] Except for refunds for metered postage under 2.5 or for PC Postage under 2.6, the customer must apply for a refund on Form 3533; submit it to the postmaster; and provide the envelope, wrapper, or a part of it showing the names and addresses of the sender and addressee, canceled postage and postal markings, or other evidence of postage and fees paid.

I applied for a refund - and STILL keep asking the Post Office to LOOK for my mail. I keep stressing that it had important personal and confidential information in it - and despite the fact I got my money back - I want them to continue to look for it and either destroy it (and inform me it has been destroyed) or return it safely to me.

I know they are not real happy with me - but I keep trying to hold them accountable on this one. I don't think I would be near as aggravated if they merely admitted they messed up and lost my mail and refunded my money with a smile. But since they acted all offended that I would dare question my mail not being delivered - just because the records don't show it was delivered and the agency never received it - I keep asking them to look for it. And I will continue to ask them to keep looking for it, until they find it, or can explain what happened to it.

How to Complain About a Postal Problem

When you have a problem with your mail service, complete a Consumer Service Card which is available from letter carriers and at post offices. This will help your postmaster respond to your problem. If you wish to telephone a complaint, a postal employee will fill out the card for you.

The Consumer Advocate represents consumers at the top management level in the Postal Service. If your postal problems cannot be solved by your local post office, then write to the Consumer Advocate. His staff stands ready to serve you.

Write to: The Consumer Advocate, U.S. Postal Service, Washington, D.C. 20260-6320. Or phone: 1-202-268-2284.

Free

Here's where to download a copy of the "PS-2016 Mail Theft and Vandalism Complaint" http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/mailthft/2016.pdf

In looking at this Form, I am going to allege, under #3. that my mail was "stolen and/or tampering and/or rifling and/or other". My remarks for "other" will be alleging failure to deliver as promised, and allege the potential for Identity Theft. That my correspondence was going from one Federal Agency to another Federal Agency. And so on, and so forth.

I do not know who to name as a "suspect"! Free, what do you make of this Form, have you ever used it?! ~Wings

Edited by free_spirit_etc
Think Outside the Box!

Yes- you guys are right- anything like a NOD requiring a signature should NOT be faxed.

Even if you recind your POA-that should not be faxed as that will require a signature.The signed letter revoking a POA should go to both the VARO and also the Vet org.

Also a Rep at the VARO told me they cannot except a lot of evidence documents by fax.

I have printout confirmation already that my faxes were received by four VA offices.

But it will be by phone-I feel-that this will be resolved.

The PO-

I did not receive a VA DIC check some time ago.

The PO said they never got it (I switched to Direct Deposit that same day)

After I filled out a formal complaint form they provided,

2 days later they called me up and said they had found my VA check under an old filing cabinet.

Two weeks ago the local rural postman called me up at night-asking me if he had put 2 SSA checks for my neighbors into my mail box.

I quickly went through my still unopened mail he had left earlier here -but I knew these checks sure were not there.

The family- which is the diary farm next to me- had a funeral the very next day for a young relative. They needed those SSA checks to pay for food and other expenses

that funerals involve.I guess by now they have found the checks.Still-how can this stuff happen?

I would have suggested to them that they use direct deposit but they have never trusted banks and have no bank accounts.This is not unusual in the boonies where I live..When two potato farmers up here decided to donate 80,000 bucks to our local fire department-I heard they brought the money into the fire hall in cash. <_<

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.