Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

I Tried But I Couldn't Do It

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

Like most of those here who have had to learn how to do things differently, I am no exception. I am not completely with the use of my legs and manage to get around my single wide mobile adequately enough and hobble around my yard with the aid of a canadian crutch, just so I don't fall flat on my face, which I have managed to do a time or two.

Anyway, the day was nice and I felt good, so I did a bit of work on my motorcycle and then decided to try and tackle starting my lawnmower, an hour or so later and several false starts and breaks to rest and catch my wind, I had to give up. Like me the lawnmower had been sitting around doing nothing for to long and could no longer stay running. Like my lungs, the carburator on the lawnmower needs a good overhaul, but unlike the carburator, my lungs need a whole lot more work and help getting them back, at least, in near good running condition.

When I said we must find a different way to do things, I forgot and tried of course, doing all this as if it were like always and now I am suffering for it. Not only do I find it hard sitting here typeing this, even the movement of my fingers hurt, dispite an added dose of pain meds, which I am aloud at times like this. I've gone an irritated every joint in my body, not to mention the connective tissue to my muscles, if not my muscles as well.

I bring this to all your attention so that as the good weather of spring and summer is upon us, don't find yourself overdoing it like I did, try to work up to more physical things you can do, take your time, rest more often then you think you should and keep yourself hydrated while you keep your Vitamin C and potassium levels up.

I even think my Cat Tom thinks I should take it easy for awhile, he's not pestering me to get up at 06:00 a.m. to fix his can food, settleing for his dry food in his self feeder until I get up later on.

I feel bad about not getting up to feed him when he meows for his morning meal, I miss how he insists on getting me up, it reasures me that all is right and I've made it through another night, not to mention that I know he has made it home after a night out catten around and picking fights with all the other tom cats in the neighborhood. LoL

So all, take it easy on yourselves unlike me and remember, even the slow tortus won in the end.

Rockhound Rider. :D

p.s. any sage home remedies for just the hands, I'd like for those not to hurt as much as the rest of me. LoL

Edited by Rockhound

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Lead Moderator

Yea..I know you will think I am crazy, and you would be part right..I am CERTIFIED CRAZY. Anyway, you dont have to listen to me, you can suffer the pain or take wheatgrass:

http://www.wheatgrasskits.com/

If you read the book that comes with it, you will see why.

Shortened summary:

Lady was left for dead with pain in legs. Her grandmother had applied grass to wounds to heal. She tried it, recovered, then wrote this wheat grass book, after considerable research and "trying it out".

Some peoples theory is that we eat mostly cooked food and that destroys all natural enzymes, causing numerous deficiencies and illnesses. The wheat grass has enzymes and minerals (from the azomite, which is very rich in minerals..for more on azomite try : http://www.azomite.com/index.html )

You can buy wheat grass juice at some very high quality health food stores, and even some grocery stores (with a health emphasis). Around Dayton, it can be purchased "by the shot" where they juice it in front of you for about $3.00 at Dorothy Lane Market (DLM) Or, you can order the kit and grow your own (recommended). The book tells all about it, included in the kit. DLM caters to some very, very wealthy people in the area who dont mind paying more for the best.

No, I dont make any money recommended this..just a feeling that if someone listens, it will help a Vet. Most of you will "scoff" at wheatgrass..its ok. Have you ever seen a sick cow? I grew up on a cattle ranch..and believe me, cattle are much healthier than people..much healthier.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for the reminder Rock, was out putzin about for just an hour with small garden rake, dern weeds. Paid for that later, achey hands and cranky back. Least front part of the flower garden looks better for now, the rest is green, ha.

If I don't move in the early mornin, takes a longer while to jumpstart my mobility and get a goin. Family has to hold on or fend for selves until I'm on.

My usual, got a house dog that joins me in stretches and toy tossing while listening to upbeat Christian and/or Country music. Then a lil breakfast and light chores before reading news. Mornin siesta and computer time. Doctor appoinments get me moving, go down steps out of house,climb in truck, climb out to office, climb back in truck, up steps back to house. Whew!! Course that don't count the sittin down and gettin up outta the chairs. Its all exercise and not always easy.

Bronco, maybe could drink wheat grass here if it was colored like koolaide. (but $3.00 is spendy!)

As a mom, I don't drink or do 'green'!

Smiles,

Cg'up2009!

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

"p.s. any sage home remedies for just the hands, I'd like for those not to hurt as much as the rest of me. LoL"

Here is a link to bizrate that compares paraffin warm wax treatment machines, which may help ease the pain in your hands:

http://www.bizrate.com/search__keyword--pa...nd+therapy.html

• HadIt.com Elder

I honestly DO NOT know if this actually works but I will mention here since it is harmless if it doesn't work.

I have a friend who has been fighting pain for years. She has a LOT wrong with her which I won't go into. She can't take pain meds and is fighting a lot of major problems. She is 84.

Well, talking to her this week she says she no longer has the pain she used to (they wanted to cut her toes off because of it) because she now does the following

1 teaspoon of French's yellow mustard per day like a pill. Not on food, just taking it like a pill. No more toe pain and a lot of other pain has eased.

This is the common mustard you buy in the store where the catsup etc. is.

Now whether this actually works, I don't know, but it can't do harm. You might want to try it.

fanaticbooks

By the way, if you try it and it works, let me know. :)

www.howtoassemblevaclaims.com

A free guide for researching, organizing and assembling a va claim. Now upgraded to include suggestions for VONAPP and Social Security Disability.

• In Memoriam

If mustard works just think what a whole tablespoon of Horseradish would do.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have pain it means your body is still alive. When you stop feeling pain in your feet after having pain for a long time it may mean the nerves are dead.