Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Bothersome Trend

Rate this question

purple

Question

Many of you here who know me, know that I tend to say what I believe. Here's another one of those times....so if you think you aren't going to like it; stop reading now.

I see that several folks either claim or want to claim "medication side effects". Why not just tell your doc about the side effects and ask for a different med? You don't have to put up with side effects. I don't. Insist on a different med. It's your right to do that.

I just believe that filing claims for side effects of medications is not the intent of what the system was set up for.

{off soapbox now}

• Answers 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

68, that why people should listen instead of commenting on evrything when you are new to a situation I always heard old heads did not get to be old heads by being fools.

Larry J I knew it was a matter of time before you would open up both barrels.

Interesting to me is; Why do some make forum entries that are obviously going to cause threads like this one, then in my mind, if feel they sit back and take some pleasure from the "stink they have stirred up".

To finally contribute an answer such as;

"Hey....I've said my peace; made my point. If you all want to continue arguing...that's between all of you."...simply allows you to sit back, once again, and observe the results as you continue to stir and create odor within our group.

Answer: Yes, You made your point. You said your PIECE. And yes, you are sitting there as the results of your contribution to this otherwise great forum.

I make a motion that one of the moderators close this thread.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am 2 years older than Larry

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Purple - ya never answered my questions.

Purple - you stated: "The difference is with the VA, some vets are filing claims everytime they get a side effect they don't like just to get extra $$$."

What are your grounds for making this statement??? How many are some?? 2? 3? 10? 500? 1,000's?

pr

Hey....I've said my peace; made my point. If you all want to continue arguing...that's between all of you.

Hey....I've said my peace; made my point. If you all want to continue arguing...that's between all of you.

i see what your saying... if the drug gives you side effects stop taking it .. or tough it out... but some seem happy to have side effects because they can file another claim its like a hobby...