VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sometimes The Va Distorts Information

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Another point is the way a RO leads the C and P examiners with off the wall questions.

Lets say you broke your collar bone as a little child and it has healed and you injure your shoulder in service and file a claim.

Both are in the VA folder.

Here is the question: Please state the association between the Veterans current shoulder disability and the fracture sustained 15 years prior to service.

This is unacceptable but it is done every day.

J

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to thank you pete, all the other mods/elders for all your help. I would have gone postal if i didn't get the help, and perspective I have gotten from you guys. My paranoia was running rampid when i finally recognized what was going on. I thought at one point I was the only one struggling so intensely with the ways of the VA. After all, there is no logical way these so called professionals could be this unprofessional....Right?................Wrong, they can be.

I wasn't the special needs problem child after all. That certainly is how they make you feel though. They know when a person isolates as much as I do, that that person is much more influential to the games they like to play.

Another point is the way a RO leads the C and P examiners with off the wall questions.

Lets say you broke your collar bone as a little child and it has healed and you injure your shoulder in service and file a claim.

This is unacceptable but it is done every day.

J

I can certainly testify to that.....Always have someone with you in those C&P's... The other was my DRO Hearing when ever I made solid valid "in your face points" it was listed a inaudible or there interpretation of what I meant. Raters do the same they will even interpret doctors opinions to discount your claim.... My claim just about had it all..Yog

• HadIt.com Elder

Distortion, well, thats a kind word for not telling the truth.

My thoughts, experiences and reflections, which may or may not be true, depending if its read by a rater, compensation examiner or my regular provider, but certainly never stated by me in the terms they use, ha!

The veteran 'reports' that...the veteran 'denies' that....are my gripes. How can a examiner and rater manipulate a response without including the inquiry statement? Don't know, but they do.

This is ficticious but very probable scenario for depression and anxiety claim.

For example. the conversation goes somethin like this - smiling Doc says "I can see in your records that you are intelligent (compliment to warm me up) you know when I was a kid the teacher told me I was one of the smartest and squirrliest she'd ever known' did you ever have a teacher tell you something like that?" uh oh....thats fishing for a response - veteran laughs "yeah, I guess I did get good marks in school and trying to sit still on those wooden seats all day was hard, so I probably squirmed around too".

Compensation exam reads 'veteran reports ADD/ADHD in elementary school'.

Rating states 'veteran reports ADD/ADHD prior to service'

so i was taking cognitive tests pre-screening for tbi. i was trying to relate that my seemingly affected and lowered executive functioning limited my fluidity in multi-tasking. my mind gets wrapped around the axle and it is hard for me to communicate what i really mean sometimes, especially when anxiety/depression is peaking such as oh say during a cognitive test pre-screening for tbi. i remember saying something like "i can do one single thing really well" at a time. the psych doc jotted down a note to herself immediately. now i'm afraid that will equate, to the va's benefit, that i am cured, that i can do all kinds of crap and do it extremely well. forget not being able to work, forget your 100 percent rating, you just incriminated yourself and that will obviously be taken away or low-balled and all of the other horror stories i hear on here in regards to other vets. you're right, why do we even talk to these people?

• HadIt.com Elder
...the psych doc jotted down a note to herself immediately. now i'm afraid that will equate, to the va's benefit, that i am cured,

Don't stress yourself out about what the Dr. wrote down. You can pick up a copy of her report at the VA med. center or VARO in a few weeks. Besides,... She was probably writing down something on her grocery list.,... milk, eggs, oh yea, nuts. etc. I know that the VAMCs are full of wonderful doctors, however some of the worst caregivers I have ever met, work at a VA hospital. I feel sick just driving past the place. Sorry, but that's just been my experience