Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dav Gives Me "unofficial" Good News

Rate this topic

navydoc2

I recieved a letter from my DAV rep today stating I was increased from 40 percent to 80 with individual unemployability. I would like to know how long it takes from here and more than that should I get my hopes up? This would be a huge deal for my family and me. Thanks to all at hadit for their advice and support.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Doc, usually it is a pretty good omen from the DAV. They would have no reason to BS you so let me be the first to say. Congratulations. You should receive the official information within a few days to a week. Watch the old bank account as a Deposit may knock the back wall out of the bank.

John

I would ask via IRIS and see if I could confirm from the VA, so I wouldn't have to wait for the rating decision to come in the mail.

BoonDoc

I recieved a letter from my DAV rep today stating I was increased from 40 percent to 80 with individual unemployability. I would like to know how long it takes from here and more than that should I get my hopes up? This would be a huge deal for my family and me. Thanks to all at hadit for their advice and support.

navy,

Sounds great - hope you get a good ED.

If you currently get VA comp as direct deposit

in your bank account (and your claim was at the local level)

the cash might be DD into your account before you get the official letter.

Spend wisely.

carlie

Doc, usually it is a pretty good omen from the DAV. They would have no reason to BS you so let me be the first to say. Congratulations. You should receive the official information within a few days to a week. Watch the old bank account as a Deposit may knock the back wall out of the bank.

John

Thanks John it seems so strange to be posting here like this its been a long nine years since my first claim which they lowballed me at 10 percent. I was trying to go it alone back then was not aware that this site existed thanks again for all the help and support.

William

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use