• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well, I Did It............

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

post-1306-1254622017_thumb.jpg

May G-d Guide Me.

And may your prayers be with me, that I will "Do The Right Thing", and, maybe, just maybe, help a fellow vet.

• Answers 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder
Larry - congrats.

I notice the letter states something to the effect of

you may inspect the claim folder of a claimant that has

provided POA to your organization

and you must observe the limitations imposed by VA regulations

in disclosing information to the claimant and other's.

Question:

What type of information might be in a claimant's file that you

would be limited in discussing with that claimant ?

carlie

Well, Carlie, I thought/questioned the same thing. So I went to CFR 38 14.626 thru 14.635 and read and re-read every single word, attempting to construe them to say something as to what information I CANNOT disclose to a Claimant. Nada, I can't find anything? With just possibly the portion that deals with fiduciarys such as a bank acting on behest of or for the best interest of a claimant (supposing that this claimant would be adversely affected by knowing what was going on, i.e., his mental health, for example). But, even that would be, for me, hard to do, to withold info from the very person that deserves the info, but, with good medical reasons, I could, but it would bother me nonetheless.

But, you bring up a good question, and, when and if I find out, I'll let y'all know.

No, no official office yet. As you said, they took his office back. I had a very short visit with the gal in Admin that is supposed to be locating some space for me. She was no help, as yet.

I will wait and see what they come up with as far as office is concerned. I am very definitely interested in what you have just offered. Thank you. I'll get set up, hopefully, and get organized and I'll give you a ring. Message me with your telephone number.

Thanks, Pete.

I need to talk with you about the Form 21-22, also. Download one and fill it out. Do you have a FAX machine?

Larry

congrats Larry, they could not have found a better man.

babyray

LarryJ

This is great news for you, and especially those you will be assisting. So tell me what classes/training did you complete to be officially designated a VSO? I noticed you were assisting more friends here the last few months, it's great! Good luck with your further endeavors. B)

post-1306-1254622017_thumb.jpg

May G-d Guide Me.

And may your prayers be with me, that I will "Do The Right Thing", and, maybe, just maybe, help a fellow vet.

• HadIt.com Elder
LarryJ

This is great news for you, and especially those you will be assisting. So tell me what classes/training did you complete to be officially designated a VSO? I noticed you were assisting more friends here the last few months, it's great! Good luck with your further endeavors. B)

The Texas Veterans Commission sponsor/conduct classes in the Spring and Fall, payed for by the State of Texas, for VSO's, starting with the basic Comp/Pen/Chap 35/PTSD/MST. Once you have taken a course, you don't have to repeat it, you just go on up the ladder.

You also have to have a Veterans Service Organization (mine is the one that I have belonged to for several years, but can be, for example the VFW, etc.) to send in the application. One of their, for example, Regional/National Commanders, has to swear that you are of good moral character and experienced and qualified in their eyes to be a VSO representing their organization. I feel honored that they asked me to represent them (all the folks in my org are combat era vets and good citizens) and I'm proud to be a member, and proud to be an American, and humbled to be able to CONTINUE, after so many years, to "give something in return".

BTW, I'm "accredited" any where there is a VA "component", not just in Texas.

The next courses, in the Spring, I think I'll concentrate on VA/Military Life Insurance and how to help the loved ones that are left behind trying to deal with the complexities of applying for and collecting the life insurance due them (I didn't even realize that there are, like, 6 or 7 DIFFERENT policies under which a veteran or active service member can be insured)! Either that delve more deeply into Military Sexual/Personal Trauma (If I have the personal inner resources to do so without sending me "over-the-edge". I gotta watch what I put myself through, also.).

Maybe it is a little to late for you to help me Larry, as my VA form 9 was sent to me on Thursday, and today I put it in the mail, so it is on its way to Waco, and then to Washington D.C. but, you could be very informative in helping us, help the VA by telling us how to prepare our packages. The very best of luck to you, and if we get to feisty, tell us to simmer down...

Larry congradulations.This is great news for all veterans.I thank you for all the help you gave me to get my claim awarded.your sense of humor is great. I will never forget the smile you put on my wife"s& my face when i was strugging for my exam for PTSD.Great advice, and again I thank GOD for careing people like you.