Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Va Beat Me Down, Time To Limp Away And Move On

Rate this question

JHawks

Question

Thanks you to everyone for their support and ideas. The time has come to stop the addiction to the forums. My review claim was denied when I know it should have been approved. Good Grief, it should have been a no brainer. I have been prescribed a brace to support a malunion of my tib-fib on a SC ankle. I had all the medical records to support the claim. They say my ankle is stable enough not to need a brace even though it was prescribed by both a pediotrist and Ortho Dr. I don't have it in me to file an appeal and let this drag on for years and years. They beat me down and I need to limp away before I go nuts. Thanks everyone.

70% SC Disabled Vet

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Another one willing to assist in your quest. Send me a PM or post the Reason and Basis for the decision. Did you file for it as a primary or secondary condition. Can not fight for you, but I will help you fight to the bloody end.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

JHawks, don't give up the fight my friend. Like the other folks said here, it's just what the VA wants you to do. Many are willing to help you here so don't turn away from it. Get that attorney if that's what it takes. Be a thorn in there side that festers. Be like a child in a candy store that is persistant about getting that piece of candy! Don't give up!!!

When I had my heart attack the insurance company wasn't going to pay for the life flight bill and I said neither was I. I said yes u are, yes u are, yes u are, and of course they said no,no,no! One phone call to my attorney and in two months the bill was paid... Persistance my man.........

Jeff

• Lead Moderator

They beat me down, too. Lost my home while waiting for VA benefits (It took em 7 years, even with a valid "nexis" statement)

I hung in there...almost took my own life, but got help and hung in there. I eventually won. Now I am appealing for the real effective date, 7 years ago. When I get it, I will be able to buy another house.

Listen to the Captain.. NEVER GIVE UP.

Dont give them the satisfaction!!!

As others before me noted, File an NOD, request a hearing and go live your life. The time is going to pass anyway. We are not so different, you and I... Just 6 weeks or so I was at 40% and like others, had been fighting this for years, 5 for me.

They blatantly falsified C&P exams- said I had antalgic gait then said gait was steady all in the same report. Said a statement made by me doctor wasn't made by the doctor but by an student physician's assistant and that the comment was "erroneously perpetuated throughout the record." Said I didn't have shoe were that they had photos showing I did have, said I didn't have shoe inserts that were prescribed by VA and I had worn to the exam- probably why they said they didn't want to see them... It's a lonnggg list.

Then I actually got my rating but due to the retro required 3 signatures and a person at the VARO with my file was just holding it and not passing it to anyone to sign! It took my TX vet Rep's supervisor going to the top VARO supervisor to make the so & so let go of it. Took them 2 days to finish after it was held for a month or more.

But here I am today, 80% actual and 100% by way of IU.

But you quit now, you lose-they win. For Crise sakes, don't let it happen!

You ain't the first to be fed up. Lord I know. Times I wanted to quit- I just didn't have any choice. but if nought else, hand it over to a lawyer, vet rep, wife, brother, cousin, neighbo, somebody, Anybody- Just don't quit.

When I got denied, I got depressed, but then I got p***ed off. I knew I had a good claim, because my VA psych doctors were the ones who told me to file it. This is when I first found HadIt, and started asking questions. After receiving much needed advice and support, I contacted a NOVA lawyer, who told me I had an open and shut case. We filed a NOD, and the waiting began. Imagine my surprise when the VA decided to award me 100% without going to a hearing.

None of this would have happened if I just gave up and let the VA win with the battle in their ongoing denial war. I have also been denied by SSA for SSDI, and appealed that because the SSA denies most applicants the first time around. Even though they are messing with peoples' lives, it seems like just a game they play.

Deny, deny, and hope they die... :D

Louis

"It is a terrible thing, when you lose your train of thought and you only have a one track mind"... Me

96C2P/96F2P (old MOS designations)

97E2P/37F2P (new MOS designations)

Please dont give up!!!!! It took me 5 years and the folks at this website and I finally went from 10% to 80%! Do your research on this website, it has everything you need. It wasnt easy for me but after working with the Hadit folks they helped me get it done. Hang in there brother.

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)