Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Myhealthevet

Rate this question

gp747

Question

I have just signed on to myhealthevets online where you can view your prescription status and a whole lot more. I just signed on and have to go in person to sign up for more info that i can get online. Seems to be very secure.

Anybody know of any drawbacks to this online feature for vets ?

Edited by skunk

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I have just signed on to myhealthvets online where you can view your prescription status and a whole lot more. I just signed on and have to go in person to sign up for more info that i can get online. Seems to be very secure.

Anybody know of any drawbacks to this online feature for vets ?

Been using it for the last couple years. No problema'!

Of course, all you can really, really do right now is view your prescription history and re-order your prescriptions on-line (which is still a GOOD thing, I just get on the site every once in a while, like every three or four weeks and re-order and, bingo, it appears in my mailbox and I have, like nine different prescriptions so that makes it really handy.

I'll be glad when they get the clinic appointments set up where you can make and check-up on your clinic appointments.

You can take the required instructional course thingey on-line and save having to go to the VAMC, unless they have changed it in the last couple years. You do have to take the signature sheet to them, though, whereby you swear and affirm and offer up your first born son, that you have ACTUALLY watched the thing. :o

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Been using it for the last couple years. No problema'!

Of course, all you can really, really do right now is view your prescription history and re-order your prescriptions on-line (which is still a GOOD thing, I just get on the site every once in a while, like every three or four weeks and re-order and, bingo, it appears in my mailbox and I have, like nine different prescriptions so that makes it really handy.

I'll be glad when they get the clinic appointments set up where you can make and check-up on your clinic appointments.

You can take the required instructional course thingey on-line and save having to go to the VAMC, unless they have changed it in the last couple years. You do have to take the signature sheet to them, though, whereby you swear and affirm and offer up your first born son, that you have ACTUALLY watched the thing. :o

That is all i needed to hear,i thought it might be a good thing. I did watch the video !

Edited by skunk

• HadIt.com Elder

It is better than what I had before but it is not anything to write home about and they have been promising for years to add medical reports and tests but never can do. Its always next year.Same for appointments being on line

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

it's a lot easier to order the meds online than calling in and pushing all the script numbers into the touch tone I have 20 scripts now I would spend hours punching them in on the phone on Health E vet it takes less than 5 minutes and I am done I have been using it ever since they created it

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Love MyHealtheVet, great for prescriptions. See a lot of potential for the site, and really can't see any drawbacks.

I'm delighted when the fix for a problem is "hit it with a hammer"

Its also a cool way to fix something.