Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Nice Surprise!

Rate this topic

bufloguy

Curable - TBI - I have seizures from TBI - 32 years of seizures - where's the cure me

pill or treatment ?

I would take this rating decision to my psychiatrist / psychologist and / or Neurologist ASAP.

jmho

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Like Phillip and Like carlie, I'd take a deep breath (go to Mickey Mouse Land, the Armed Forces Vacation Club has some nice accomodations there), then NOD the "curable" statement.

bufloguy,

A great big congrats to you!

Now: relax and enjoy your hard "earned" benefit (but stay on it to get it p&t). Thank you for your service.

Gardener

• HadIt.com Elder

they never award P&T for a 50% award I have never seen it normally you need a 70% TDIU or a 100% schedular rating to get the P&T awarded I have never heard of "brain damage" getting better but there are a lot of things I have never heard of but I won't hold my breath my stroke in the parietal and occipital lobes in 1992 never repaired itself and that has been 18 years since it happened

stay in treatment for the depression and if it gets "worse" then I suggest you ask for a higher rating if that happens unless your injuries are preventing you from holding any type of job you would have a good case of asking for extra schedular rating and TDIU

if a SC prevents you from being employable the regulations "allow" them to grant you TDIU and usually after a few years of being TDIU you get your doctor to make a statement that they feel you are permantently disabled and will never be employable again due to your service connected injuries that is when they will award the P&T which makes the CHAMPVA and Chapter 35 benefits available for any dependents you have

congrats on getting the 50% award though

• HadIt.com Elder

If there is a cure for Depression and TBI there should also be a cure for the VA

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use