Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Tdiu Aprroved Ssd Denied What Is Going On And What Do I Need To Do

Rate this question

deviant

Question

Got my TDIU approved back in feb 2010, now the letter comes back from SSD saying that is okay for me to work in a limited fashion that is considered gainful employment so i was denied? WTF is this? I mean really? the VA flat out says severe ptsd, intermittent explosive disorder, major depression, paranoia, anger and violence issues along with extensive history of very poor impulse control that I am a liability in any workplace.

Basically my mindset does not allow me to deal with people totally strange to me at all anymore, and only friends and family to a certain degree for safeties sake, if I dont want to talk to them and if they keep pushing the issue with me, or a whole host of other triggers it has ended in violence and someone getting hurt and me going either to jail or ending up on a ward at the VAMC. Hence the tdiu, and once I got that things started getting better for me and I deal with my issues by using isolation and for the most part Im content with that and few family gatherings a year.

I feel safe, and I have some control, I grocery shop at 3am but still have issues with people staring, whispering or following me too close all of which still get a reaction out of me towards them but to a lesser degree because I know once Im home alone I feel safe for the most part.

WHERE DO THESE PEOPLE COME UP WITH THEIR CLAIM DECISIONS? I mean to hear them tell it I should just head on down to BurgerKing and work there till I lose it and maybe severely injure an employee or customer or myself? Im half tempted to walk in to my branch office and disarm the guard and then have my say, and on the flipside I can ask any of them if they wanna work with a guy like me, or even be in my AO, bet you would have a different awnser than this denial letter I got... I just cant believe these people and Ive gotten to the point of seriously considering the above statement.

Some help please, I just want to get this over as quickly as possible without me being the one to have to take a stand against this ignorance and ending up on the news somewhere. PS I think SSD and the SSD lawyers are all wrapped up together just to get 25% of your backpay. I mean seriously what in the hell kind of agency will give you the numbers to the lawyers who sue them and withhold the money for the lawyer ?

Im just think Im about done playing these peoples games that they have somehow gotten away with for so long in government just raping veterans out of their benefits and money and giving it away with a quickness to some junky or welfare recipient. Complete shock, and an absolute act of violence is the only thing that ever gets these idiots attention to cause change, damn shame it has to come to that. IF YOU ALL KNOW HOW I CAN GET THRU THIS IM LISTENING

IFOR : Bosnia

SFOR: Bosnia

Task Force Able Sentry

Task force Falcon IEF

KFOR: Kosovo

Operation Enduring Freedom

baaa baa blah spit sputter blah spit bah is what I told my C&P examiner and then I farted... Still trying to keep my sad sense of humor

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Got my TDIU approved back in feb 2010, now the letter comes back from SSD saying that is okay for me to work in a limited fashion that is considered gainful employment so i was denied? WTF is this? I mean really? the VA flat out says severe ptsd, intermittent explosive disorder, major depression, paranoia, anger and violence issues along with extensive history of very poor impulse control that I am a liability in any workplace. Basically my mindset does not allow me to deal with people totally strange to me at all anymore, and only friends and family to a certain degree for safeties sake, if I dont want to talk to them and if they keep pushing the issue with me, or a whole host of other triggers it has ended in violence and someone getting hurt and me going either to jail or ending up on a ward at the VAMC. Hence the tdiu, and once I got that things started getting better for me and I deal with my issues by using isolation and for the most part Im content with that and few family gatherings a year. I feel safe, and I have some control, I grocery shop at 3am but still have issues with people staring, whispering or following me too close all of which still get a reaction out of me towards them but to a lesser degree because I know once Im home alone I feel safe for the most part. WHERE DO THESE PEOPLE COME UP WITH THEIR CLAIM DECISIONS? I mean to hear them tell it I should just head on down to BurgerKing and work there till I lose it and maybe severely injure an employee or customer or myself? Im half tempted to walk in to my branch office and disarm the guard and then have my say, and on the flipside I can ask any of them if they wanna work with a guy like me, or even be in my AO, bet you would have a different awnser than this denial letter I got... I just cant believe these people and Ive gotten to the point of seriously considering the above statement. Some help please, I just want to get this over as quickly as possible without me being the one to have to take a stand against this ignorance and ending up on the news somewhere. PS I think SSD and the SSD lawyers are all wrapped up together just to get 25% of your backpay. I mean seriously what in the hell kind of agency will give you the numbers to the lawyers who sue them and withhold the money for the lawyer ? Im just think Im about done playing these peoples games that they have somehow gotten away with for so long in government just raping veterans out of their benefits and money and giving it away with a quickness to some junky or welfare recipient. Complete shock, and an absolute act of violence is the only thing that ever gets these idiots attention to cause change, damn shame it has to come to that. IF YOU ALL KNOW HOW I CAN GET THRU THIS IM LISTENING

First you need to know that most claims are denied initially, no matter how severely disabled we are. With that said you should take a week or two to regroup and plan your next move. I don't like it any more than you or the next guy, but yes you're gonna need to at least speak to an attorney. What ever you do don't fly off at the handle and hurt someone just because you can and your angry. The best thing is to win your case and hurt them in the pocket book. We here at Hadit will help you along the way, so please if you think you're about to do something like what you mentioned above get onto Hadit and someone will talk to you.

JMO,

Bergie

As a combat veteran, or any veteran for that matter!!!

If you thought the fighting was over when you came home, got out, or when the politicians said it was over.

Welcome to the real fight, welcome to VA claims!!!

"Just sayin"

Guest terrysturgis

Same thing happened to me. TDIU first then the denial from Social Security. The denial is standard procedure. I finally won SSD after going before a Judge and a two year wait. I hired an SSD attorney as I did not feel like persuing the battle by myself. Don't give up, study the Social Security post on this site and get the information you need to win. Take care. Terry

• Founder

You must get control of your anger. If you need to check into the hospital do that. Violence to yourself or others is never the answer. You need to get an attorney, this is not uncommon nor is it unique to veterans. An attorney will handle you social security appeal and yes it will take to much time and you will be angry and you will want to lash out. That is why it's important that you hire an attorney to handle this, an attorney knows the law and is emotionally detached from your claim. I also recommend that if you do not have a psychologist that you get one, you need a safe place and a professional to talk about the emotions you are going through.

The SSA idea of employment is a hurdle for many. I have a niece that has a lot of trouble with her vision, she cannot drive, she has severe ocd and depression. Terrible corpal tunnel and they are always telling her she could do some kind of work. It's a real hassle for many. You are not alone. Focus on the fact that you have your TDIU which financially will help you while your attorney works on your social security claim.

Breath and relax they are not doing this to you personally, it's the system, you just got to work within the system, it's imperfect, cumbersome and aggravating at the least. Get an attorney, get a therapist if you don't have one and please do not hurt anyone including yourself. Suicide Prevention 1-800-273-TALK Veterans Press 1 if you need it, call it.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

Having been thru what you are going thru, I suggest using an attorney. 75% of something is better than 100% of nothing. Took me over 7 yrs to win SSDI. The first 6.5 yrs I did myself and kept losing. The last 6 months was w/an attorney and she won all the way back. Best money I ever spent!!! It's your choice, tho. jmo

pr

Ive got my VA social worker guy that calms me down real good guy. Im in meetings now, And suicidal Im not. In the moment of anger I just thought to myself that a place has to be crooked somehow if you have to have an armed guard to protect employees who arent even handling money? Just goes to show that they know they are flatout jerking people around and people evidently have gotten tired of it . I feel as if they disrespected my military service and also made light of my injuries by denying me what I have earned by telling me I need to go find a mystery job somewhere that pays well below the poverty line and that my 100% service connection means nothing to ssd... Im just sick and tired of being sick and tired. But I will let the fine gentleman keep his sidearm and I will do my best to fake normal to keep the ball rolling...or to keep it sitting over in the corner going nowhere... thanks yall, ouch... 2 years is a helluva hump. You would figure after scrapping it out with the VA and you actually got that magic 100% that it would carry weight even with those people... guess not, God Bless The U.S.A

IFOR : Bosnia

SFOR: Bosnia

Task Force Able Sentry

Task force Falcon IEF

KFOR: Kosovo

Operation Enduring Freedom

baaa baa blah spit sputter blah spit bah is what I told my C&P examiner and then I farted... Still trying to keep my sad sense of humor

• Founder

We hear you brother. Many have been there, are there, or on their way there. It ain't pretty, but it is what it is.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.