• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe that several people need to be given the door. Besides the doctor, supervision was grossly negligent. I'm also curious to know what the ER Dr's specialty was.

My experience at a military hospital overseas in the 70's was that wee hour ER doctors were often not really qualified in much more than trying to keep a patient alive until qualified doctors were available.

At the time, a co-worker died, due to heart related problems, and lack of adequate and prompt treatment. His death caused serious changes in the hospital's ER.

(The on duty doctor was not surgically qualified, and normally dealt with mental problems.)

• HadIt.com Elder

Pretty much what they did to my brother when they left him in an ambulance parked outside the Hospital for 13 hours.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Pete53, more virtual hugs on your loss.

I think the VA gets a great number of it's clinical staff from the bottom of the gene pool.

Let us be kind, one to another, for we are each of us together in our pain.

• HadIt.com Elder

I had to have my recent VA dental work redone by private dentist because they made a mess of it. It cost me about $200 bucks. Three trips to the VA to get a chipped tooth fixed and they got it wrong, and stood me up on an appointment.

The typical way that the VA will handle this is transfer the people involved, and give them a promotion.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

Papa

That's right. My pain doctor was fired for taking too much time with his patients and prescribing drugs the VA thought were too expensive. When the doctor harms the patient he/she gets transferred or promoted. When the doctor harms VA's bottom line they get fired.