VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Had An Asbestos Exposure Related Claim Approved?

Rate this question

68mustang

Question

Has anyone on hadit had an asbestos exposure related disability approved by the VA? Just wondering because it seems the VA is dragging it out on my claim for an asbestos exposure related disability claim. Like to hear what came of the claim if you had it approved. Already had a C&P exam that established that my claim was due to my asbestos exposure in the Navy. Thanks.

68mustang

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

We had an award for asbestos here quite some years ago-

If you use search feature here with asbestos in it- much should pop up and there are awards at the BVA.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

The main thing is to have them conceed your asbestos exposure. once you have that and a diagnosed asbestos related condition you should be OK.

I have only seen a few claims approved. One was an actual asbestos worker who removed insulation from piping on ships.

I hosted a training show on SVR last year and went into a lot of detail on asbestos claims. That show is archived on the SVR page.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you haven't contacted one of the asbestos attorneys, that advertises on TV, I'd contact one now. They probably have more info on military exposure than the govt. I'd personally recommend Simmons Law Firm, Alton, IL. http://www.simmonsfirm.com jmo

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

If you haven't contacted one of the asbestos attorneys, that advertises on TV, I'd contact one now. They probably have more info on military exposure than the govt. I'd personally recommend Simmons Law Firm, Alton, IL. http://www.simmonsfirm.com jmo

pr

Thank you for all the responses.

68mustang